Live aboard south florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wataworld

Vessel Name
Wataworld
Vessel Make
Defever 44+5
Not sure we will do this but who know's where this can be done in miami/Ft Lauderdale area and does it cost more for dockage? What extra costs can be percieved?
Thanks Gregg

Greetings,
Mr. W. From what I know, liveaboard options are pretty slim in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and typically IF liveaboard is allowed at a marina, there is an extra fee. $100-$200/mos. seems to be the norm. We are in Ft. Lauderdale on a canal behind a condo where liveaboard IS allowed for the time being @ $800/mos. Boats are limited to 50' or less.

Royale Palm Yacht basin is one of them... And yes there is a fee for living aboard.

Hollywood city marina. 68 /100 per ft. No Liveaboard Fee perhaps because of the cheap fuel every place seems extra busy this year

Hi All
I have been getting good input from the three responces would love to hear more from other live aboards. Like what is included? Do you get a mail box, parking space, pumpout. sauna, bathing, pool, gym, are dogs allowed and I am sure I have missed alot that can be cleared up!
Please help
Gregg

Greetings,
Mr. W. I think like anything else, you'll have to shop around. Some folks like/want the minimalist environment and others want the whole shootin' match. Make a list, grab the phone and take notes.

Greetings,
Mr. W. I think like anything else, you'll have to shop around. Some folks like/want the minimalist environment and others want the whole shootin' match. Make a list, grab the phone and take notes.

Do you want to live at the Resort or just have a dock space to call home?

Dinner Key Marina in Miami accepts live aboards.

All three Pompano marinas (Sands Harbor, Lighthouse Point Marina, Lighthouse Point Yacht Club) accept liveaboards. Pricey though at $25-$27 per foot. We love living at the LHP Yacht Club.

ERIC

Decide which town , or part of town you want to be in , based on what the town has to offer for you.

Then look for a marina.

IF you are not into shopping , restaurants and nite life frequently a better std. of daily living can be had in an out of the way marina.

Max privacy and quiet can frequently be founf behind a canal home.

Try Dania if that suits you.You can always walk to Tugboat Annies for grub or booze.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responces I work in dade and broward so thats why the broad range yet I cant go to far since I still work! Not really looking for a resort but I was not sure if they were like a resort. Spoke to Sands Harbor that was interesting they do not offer live aboard but it seems that is negotiable. I will check on the rest of these and once again your thought are helpfull!
Gregg

The further north you can go the better the prices will get. Some good places around Stuart, but that may be too far north for your work.

A lot of choices from Dania to LHP to Hollywood, even Aventura. Also places like Mercedes near Las Olas which has apartments and liveaboard slips. Docks near 15th Street Fisheries, but I don't know if they allow liveaboard but 500-650 per month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom