Moving boat over land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have interest in a 45 footer located in east Tennessee. I would need to move the boat over land to Wilmington NC. Has anyone had experience doing this? I hear a lot of "yes we can do that" but have not found anyone that has actually done it. Maybe more hassle than it's worth but would appreciate any feedback from those that have experienced the process.

Height and width will be the main issues and both are solvable with money.

For height the flybridge will almost certainly have to come off and be shipped separately.

For width, I think if you get up to 15' you need a chase car, again more $$$

I suspect that move will cost somewhere near $10,000.

David

Yes, moved over land a 36 footer from Florida to Seattle. Just $$$$.

I have interest in a 45 footer located in east Tennessee. I would need to move the boat over land to Wilmington NC. Has anyone had experience doing this? I hear a lot of "yes we can do that" but have not found anyone that has actually done it. Maybe more hassle than it's worth but would appreciate any feedback from those that have experienced the process.

It would really help to have some idea what type boat you're talking about.

Might try Brothers Marine in Murfreesboro ,TN. . I used them to move mine from fla. to tn. They move some big boats .

All just a matter of $$. I know a guy who moved a 72' Sport Fisher style Hatteras overland from Texas to Seattle. After the move, the boat looked like new, so they made it. He had some interesting stories of the move, the best was how they got it out of the yard in Tx.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom