Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be willing to bet it was built by A.F. Theriault in Nova Scotia.

Looks a lot like Aliyah III

Some Cape Horns (not sure how many) were built by Custom Steel Boats in Merritt, NC (near New Bern). Great yard, and lovely people. To recover after their family tragedy a number of years ago is a testament.

I think the Sharpie hand labeling the valves was that extra personal touch that puts it over the top... No it's not photo-shopped. It's a real boat. Their website touts it as the ultimate trawler. I think whoever bought the deal was sold what they wanted without knowing the details. I don't think we need Steve D'Antonio to tell us that it isn't up to ABYC, but I bet whoever talked to the original customer would have said it was up there with running water, flush toilets and sliced bread.

I was impressed with some of the boat but asked the listing agent why he didn't post any engine room photos. He said the owner had an accident and had not gotten them to him, yet the listing has a website URL about the boat with lots of details and photos.

I think someone grafted a nice boat onto a party barge... No, Healhustler didn't photoshop this. it's real!

Which one ...?

God!!! there is more than One????? I tried to include the manifold photo but it would not transfer. Wow. Now I have to ask. One fuel filter???:D:D:rofl:

I find this boat interesting along with trade he's trying to do...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/5429596924.html

Here is the same boat on Yachtworld, with better pictures.

2000 Cape Horn Steel Expedition Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

On the second photo on craigslist, it looks like it has some skin & bones going on with the metal going past the frames. I know the sunlight accentuates it, but it's not a pretty / fair hull.

It was built by A.F. Theriault in Nova Scotia, just like Aliyah III, but Aliyah III has a fully faired hull, is about 5 years younger and 8 feet shorter.

Interesting that he would put the SCUBA tanks way up high, and out in the weather. I don't think I would do that.

Last edited:
Is this the original design?

Greetings, This Craiglist advertisement is for a 36 Grand Banks. The hull sure appears, the house is suspect. It is hoped that Marin, the acknowledged fellow on Grand Banks, will give us a look. Familiar with the line just not this one if in fact the house is not a replacement. Thanks,

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/5405075313.html

Al-Ketchikan

That's really different. Looks like a custom build .

Old GB with a redone deck house? Looks like there might have been a fly bridge at one time.

That's nuts. I can't belive I didn't notice it had no FB.

Well IMO that explains why I thought it was longer. It's a better looking boat.

Check out the cap rails where they turn down to the deck. Classic GB 36 I do believe.

Yes I'm quite sure the sheer break is the telling of size 36 or 42.

But I seem to recall the break is further fwd.
Yup .. we need Marin.

Why the outboard fitted to the transom if it has 2 good engines?

Why the outboard fitted to the transom if it has 2 good engines?

The OB is on the next door boat. The saloon windows slant aft on the back window and I do seem to think the widows are uniform in size and design on an original GB. That there is no fly bridge, noted but the pilot house front windows just seem to be different as well, not just the bright work on them which in itself is unusual for a GB, unless on purpose. Just a bit strange in total.

Al

Yes I'm quite sure the sheer break is the telling of size 36 or 42.

But I seem to recall the break is further fwd.
Yup .. we need Marin.
Could it be a Chanteyman or Chantyman ?

Al ,That boat was featured in Woodenboat a while back . Very nice build . Thanks for posting link .

Thanks Al - She's a true beauty...

However: $375K purchase with about $30K per year average for storage and out-sourced maintenance = Rich guy pleasure boat! I'll take two similar, please. - LOL

Hi Art, You bet'ch!! ( A little 'Sarah P' there):angel: Much Moola.

I was fornatuate to have met Bill Page, the original owner of this brokeage. He and his wife were prone to come to the West Coast of B.C. and purchase a fishing boat and cruise the shore line in B.C. and South East Alaska. His quest when I was introduced was the collection of naturel Yellow and Red Cedar crooks to be used in the construction of his then new boat under construction back in Maine. Quite the character. I think I posted a short story related to our association. He had admired our converted harbor tug 'Tenacious' steering wheel construction/pattern. Howeven in admiring he indicated a mar from my simple auto pilot (Bungee Cord) end where is marked the varnish finish. It bothered him to the extent the following year after this admiration being done in Wrangell, Alaska, and again meeting he and his wife in Prince Rupert B.C. the following year, while I was playing golf, he came over with a small vile of varnish and artist brush, sanded out the flaw and gave it a coat of varnish. Left both with my wife with instructions to follow up!!!
A couple of years later we received a RSVP to the launching of his new boat, a model after Canadian gill netter. I think that Tad, our site naval Architect has photos of this new boat as he knows or as time has passed perhaps Bill.. It is a beaut.

Regards, :flowers:
Al-Ketchikan

[IM
img_414362_0_e73fe65a80d9c66236c4c372035d77ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Tenacious'

Back
Top Bottom