View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #28
seadogmike
Veteran Member

City: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Inspiration
Perhaps if I may......

The capacitor you replaced is a "Run" capacitor rather than a start capacitor. As long as the microfarad value is correct, and the rated capacitor voltage is above the supply voltage, physical dimensions should be only a minor concern(mounting).

I would be more concerned with the voltages being supplied from the control board. This is a typical scenario that I have seen on these systems before:

When you turn the fan on, a relay closes to provide voltage to the fan motor. The contacts in this relay after many start and stops tend to get burnt. When this happens, if you check the voltage output to the fan, the voltage appears normal. Since the contacts are burnt, the relay will not pass enough current to allow the fan to run.

This can be checked by applying voltage to the fan. If the fan runs at this point, it is the control board that is at issue. If the fan still does not run, the fan motor will have to be replaced.

If I know what model the unit is I can tell you exactly where to connect voltage to make this test.

Just my $.03
seadogmike is offline   Reply With Quote