Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MT,you can directly upload pics with a post. *When you are starting a thread or replying, just make sure you are in advanced editor mode and you will see some little boxes below the text box. *One of those says "Attach Image(s)" *Click the box and a drop down menu comes up and then select the file you want to upload and then click upload and post away. *you can also embed pictures using the IMG function of a photohosting site such as photobucket, etc.

Woodsong wrote:you can also embed pictures using the IMG function of a photohosting site such as photobucket, etc.
Just be careful if you embed a post because if it's a big one it will stretch the page out beyond the size of the screen and people will have to start scrolling left and right to read all the posts in that thread.* Not the end of the world but some people find that really annoying.* I think posting photos as attachments using the process Woodsong described is the better way to go.

Marin wrote:Just be careful if you embed a post because if it's a big one it will stretch the page out beyond the size of the screen and people will have to start scrolling left and right to read all the posts in that thread. Not the end of the world but some people find that really annoying.*
I'm one of those people!

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 7th of February 2011 02:08:09 PM

SeaHorse II wrote:

Marin wrote:Just be careful if you embed a post because if it's a big one it will stretch the page out beyond the size of the screen and people will have to start scrolling left and right to read all the posts in that thread. Not the end of the world but some people find that really annoying.*
I'm one of those people!

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 7th of February 2011 02:08:09 PM

Got that right.* A regular PIA.* Make me loose interest in the post.

Woodsong wrote:

MT,
you can directly upload pics with a post. *When you are starting a thread or replying, just make sure you are in advanced editor mode and you will see some little boxes below the text box. *One of those says "Attach Image(s)" *Click the box and a drop down menu comes up and then select the file you want to upload and then click upload and post away. *you can also embed pictures using the IMG function of a photohosting site such as photobucket, etc.
Did this attempt to attach photo work?

Apparently so.* Sorry for being a PITA.*

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 7th of February 2011 03:13:09 PM

Attachments

• port rear primer view.jpg
    port rear primer view.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 76
markpierce wrote:

Woodsong wrote:

MT,
you can directly upload pics with a post. *When you are starting a thread or replying, just make sure you are in advanced editor mode and you will see some little boxes below the text box. *One of those says "Attach Image(s)" *Click the box and a drop down menu comes up and then select the file you want to upload and then click upload and post away. *you can also embed pictures using the IMG function of a photohosting site such as photobucket, etc.
Did this attempt work to attach photo work?

Apparently so.* Sorry for being a PITA.*

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 7th of February 2011 03:05:24 PM
You are not the PITA working with the big wide format is.

JD wrote:

markpierce wrote:

Woodsong wrote:

MT,
Did this attempt work to attach photo work?

Apparently so.* Sorry for being a PITA.

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 7th of February 2011 03:05:24 PM
You are not the PITA working with the big wide format is.

I think he might have been referring to some previous posts...
smile.gif

Thanks for the help fellas!!! *AGAIN, a huge reason this format is WAY better than an email list and certainly a leading reason we started this forum.

I know Dave ( skipperdude ) brought this up in a similar topic in Feb but I think it would be neat to double-click on an Avatar and see the photo enlarge or go on a members profile to click on a tab there that would link photos of his/her vessel. There are so many interesting members here with interesting yachts to boot. This doesn't mean to take away from the photo gallery because that is a great place to house other interesting photos.

Elwin*

Back
Top Bottom