View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #72
BinkleyBoat

City: PICKWICK LAKE, BEAR CREEK
Vessel Model: Tiara 33 - Open - twin perkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings

If someone uses the term "electrolysis" to get the point across to someone else who does not have a chemistry degree or has no more knowledge and experience than the typical toy boat surveyor then the word is good to use. It is the message, not the chemistry that a boater should care about.

Page 23:

http://www.mcclavemarine.com/text%20...oden.Boats.pdf

"The problem is sometimes referred to as “electrolysis rot”. Because “delignification” is such a tongue-twister, “Cathodic Wood Damage” is probably the best term to describe the phenomenon.
Awww. The attached looks like the very thing I hoped to get some 40+ posts ago. Thanks RTF, as always your answers/posts are spot on. Now I will get out a pen and paper and get a algebra tutor ( my wife ) and digest this monster.
Interestingly, the previous survey did mention delighnification and catholic wood damage. Not that the boat had any but it was a very real possibility and needed to be watched carefully.
I have said it in earlier posts and it is important to say it again.
This forum's collective wisdom and ability to communicate effectively is IMO one of the best resources to boaters who wish to stay informed.
Thanks to all who participate.
So to all of you great guys.

" Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound"
BinkleyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote