43 Pearson Motor Yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

French Fry

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Eddie Gurley, aka French Fry. My girlfriend Sonnie and I have a 1985 43' Pearson Motor Yacht. Any other Pearson motor yacht owners?

Greetings and best of luck on the new boat!

Welcome aboard!

Interesting. I just noticed a 1985 43' Pearson motor yacht in Fort Lauderdale that was just listed on YW.

I saw that one. One in Tenn, and one in Conn. too if I'm not mistaking. I need to confirm, look into it further, but I believe I have the very last one made. Number 11 of 11. Very neat boats. I feel very fortunate to have one

Welcome to the TF . I have been aboard the one in TN . He was in our marina a while
back . There is a lot of room on that boat . I had a Pearson sailboat many moons ago , I guess it was the same MFG .

Thanks Pack Mule! It is the same company. And it is plenty of room for us and the dogs. Almost as much as the Cape cod I was living in! So much to do though, we have so many plans for the boat. What are you n Pack Mule?

I know of one (not for sale) in Wildwood, NJ. Don't think they are on TF.

Hi! We are under contract for the 1985 Pearson 43 in CT ! So excited. Sea trial was yesterday. We had a few things come up, but waiting on official survey reports. My husband is most concerned about an issue w turbo on one side (Perkins diesels) and I’m most concerned with a leak into quarter berth. Has anyone had these issues?

Hi! We are under contract for the 1985 Pearson 43 in CT ! So excited. Sea trial was yesterday. We had a few things come up, but waiting on official survey reports. My husband is most concerned about an issue w turbo on one side (Perkins diesels) and I’m most concerned with a leak into quarter berth. Has anyone had these issues?

Welcome aboard. What is the issue with the turbo?, Trans Atlantic Diesel is the "go to" source for Perkins support in the mid Atlantic Region (probably further as well). The checked on the availability of the turbo for my perkins T6.354 160 HP about a month ago and they had one on hand for about $1700. The other concern is the condition of the exhaust components it connects to, there are aftermarket replacements available.

Which Clinton?

Reply to @gdavid:

Thank you so much, this is very helpful! I’m sure we will be using the forum a lot!

Clinton, CT

Last edited:
I just purchased a Person Motor Yacht 43. Just shipped it up to Lake Superior and have been using for a few weeks now. Trying to find information on this boat has been very challenging. Does anyone have a good resource to get more info on them? Thanks

We still haven’t closed on ours but hope to be in the same boat -ha- as you! Please let us know what you find as a resource. Did you buy the one in Florida that was for sale?

No the one I bought has been on the river between Minnesota and Tennessee for the last 20 years or so. I will let you know if I come across any good resources. Good luck on your closing.

Back
Top Bottom