SCAD Solo tank monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I think this says it all:

"SCAD SOLO Tank Monitor System and external non-contact sensor attaches its sensor to the outside of your plastic or composite tank."

Ken

it also says:
"An optional sensor for metal tanks is also available. The clog-proof floatless sensor fits inside a metal tank and easily installs by simply cutting to length the sensor to adapt to any size tank."

It looks like they have a couple of options for installing the internal sensor - I hadn't seen that before. I have a fiberglass tank and am seriously considering changing over from the Tankwatch setup. Depending on what I find when I try to "fix" the 2 sensors that aren't working, I may change over to the SCAD system this spring.

Ken

I have a fiberglass tank and am seriously considering changing over from the TankWatch setup.
Ken, As I previously mentioned, I had a Tank Watch monitor that I just couldn't keep working.

You will not believe how simple the SOLO is to set up. I used the Tank Watch wiring (Both at the tank and at the panel) and it worked perfectly! ( I didn't even remove the tubes!)
Calibrate empty & full (I filled my tank with dock water for the full calibration) and voila! You're done!:dance:

I haven't even tried to clean my Tankwatch yet, but your experience has been so good I may just have to forgo the "pleasure" of cleaning those sensors.:)

Ken

SCAD is actually a private label brand of the Profile Tank Monitors Profile Tank Monitors

Practical Sailor rated them #1. One of the reasons is SCAD's outstanding customer service...which, when you call them, reaches Dennis Ferriello, who's the actual mfr. You'll love it!

The internal sensor for metal tanks cannot clog as other internal senders do because the tank contents never come in contact with the sender. It's encased in a pvc tube.

I bought these monitors direct from Dennis on his website. When I called for clarification, Dennis answered the phone and was great! Love my monitors for fresh water and holding tank, but I used the foil strips on fiberglass tanks. I have no experience with his other sensors for metallic tanks.

Thanks for the replies. Access to my tank sending unit would require moving the entire tank. That is something I do not want to do. I did some more looking on the web and found Gobius. They make an external tank monitor, but it is significantly more and they say it works on metal tanks.

Back
Top Bottom