Aft Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I have a 1983 36 Albin ..... The aft cabin head toilet I would like to run PVC pipping to the holding tank. The PO had only partically replaced the white hose bu the original hose is still connected and going into the holing tank. Has anyone attempted to do this and if so how was it done ... thanks
Kevin G

Yes...I just cut it in lengths to get under the floor boards and joined with couplers....could have just done it down the inside of the stringers under the engine mounts but didn't.

Yes I have a 40 but very similar with a single engine.

I have a 1983 36 Albin ..... The aft cabin head toilet I would like to run PVC pipping to the holding tank. The PO had only partically replaced the white hose bu the original hose is still connected and going into the holing tank. Has anyone attempted to do this and if so how was it done ... thanks
Kevin G
I haven't attempted this and won't because I have a short but convoluted run, but I believe the hose and pipe sizes are different. I think somebody makes adapters.

The thing I would be concerned about is that hose is flexible and PVC pipe is not. If I were doing this I think I would use a short piece of hose at each end to allow for movement.

Greetings,
Mr. WK. "...to allow for movement." Bowl movement I hope.
Mr. K. Innuendo aside, I agree with the addition of short pieces of flex hose.

The thing I would be concerned about is that hose is flexible and PVC pipe is not. If I were doing this I think I would use a short piece of hose at each end to allow for movement.

I have a 40 and ran mine like psneeld did but used hose at each end as described above.

so was PVC used in the middle of the run and then at the ends used the flexible white hoses??

so was PVC used in the middle of the run and then at the ends used the flexible white hoses??

YES.
BOTH for flexibility and because the connecting bends necessary were too hard to duplicate with PVC.

Greetings,
Mr. WK. "...to allow for movement." Bowl movement I hope.
Mr. K. Innuendo aside, I agree with the addition of short pieces of flex hose.

Mr. RT, you crack me up! :lol:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom