TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw on a Law Enforcement forum where Ft Piece PD was requesting several SWAT teams for the time you were planning Don.

Anything we should know? :D

Greetings,
I was hoping to attend but pending medical matters may preclude gracing the gathering...
disappointment.gif

Saw on a Law Enforcement forum where Ft Piece PD was requesting several SWAT teams for the time you were planning Don.

Anything we should know? :D

That's why it's good to reserve early. The FPPD needs time to run back ground checks. They have heard about OTDE.:eek:

Greetings,
I was hoping to attend but pending medical matters may preclude gracing the gathering...
disappointment.gif

Hope you make it....

Also hope the extra SWAT teams aren't the real reason...;)

I have never seen a real live enigma. RT could be there, and we would never know it. The FL West Coast Chapter I heard is bringing Larry's unicorn. This should be interesting.

I live at Harbortown and will be available to shuddle to grocery, Seal Museum, West Marine and so forth all weekend. We have 2 cars so the truck will be available to loan if both of us are in an event.

If there is anything else I can do to help, count me in. Promise...no OTDE politics. Really.

Hobart.

If all goes well with the survey and sea trial this Friday we will be closing on the new-to-us boat on the 19th in Stuart and starting back to Jacksonville that day. We may overnight in Fort Pierce on that Friday.
Will let you know.

My boat may be slow, but at least it doesn't look like it's getting molested by its dingy. :lol:

Ted

Ted, reviewing the photos of Slow Hand under renovation, it looks like your boat and dinghy prefer the missionary position. How unimaginative.

Ted, reviewing the photos of Slow Hand under renovation, it looks like your boat and dinghy prefer the missionary position. How unimaginative.
That's what we want you to think. :devil:

Ted

I would like to invite all TF gathering participants to come by and visit me at Harbortown Marina (Slip H13) and see my Cheoy Lee LRC.
Great marina, private, straight shot to inlet, bar/restaurant and boatyard on premises.
See you soon in Fort Pierce!

Don, unfortunately I am going to have to cancel my reservations for this February.

have a problem with my Perkins and it will not be fixed in time. may come down by car if I can. Will cancel my marina reservations tomorrow.

John

Don, unfortunately I am going to have to cancel my reservations for this February.

have a problem with my Perkins and it will not be fixed in time. may come down by car if I can. Will cancel my marina reservations tomorrow.

John

Sorry to hear that, John. I was looking forward to spending some time with you. By all means do drive down. I know that you know your way down.

It's time to give this thread a bump. I appreciated John telling of the problem with his boat. We need to get some kind of a head count as to what to expect. Please check in here to give an accounting of who will be coming or not.

It's time to give this thread a bump. I appreciated John telling of the problem with his boat. We need to get some kind of a head count as to what to expect. Please check in here to give an accounting of who will be coming or not.

Shoot me the tally if you want me to coordinate arrivals with the office...looking forward to it Don.

Hobo and crew will be there. Morgan's looking for a ride on Don's short bus.

The EMTs will be there ready to hand out appropriate sedatives....:thumb:

As posted earlier, I have seen the SWAT teams setting up their sniper perches. :eek:

Greetings,
Mr. Moon. I sent you a PM requesting dates/contacts/who's where etc. and have not heard back. IF we arrive at all, it will be by land for a day visit. We're firming up our flight plans this weekend. Soooo....

giphy.gif

Oooo....Just saw the SWAT/sniper post. Should I be worried?

Don, I will come and join this interesting group.
Gerhard.

I think we're OK. These guys past us today (really) as we were headed south.

They were actually here overnight...

I sent them north today to be on the lookout...well I have my list...:eek:

Greetings,
Mr. Moon. I sent you a PM requesting dates/contacts/who's where etc. and have not heard back. IF we arrive at all, it will be by land for a day visit. We're firming up our flight plans this weekend. Soooo....

giphy.gif

Oooo....Just saw the SWAT/sniper post. Should I be worried?

Sorry, I just checked my in box again, and no PM. I would say the best bet is the afternoon of the 16th, but maybe better on the 17th.

For easy eats next Tuesday Night (the 16th), about 1/2 mile from the marina, there's going to be a "Food Truck Invasion.

If this is your first time to a Food Truck Invasion here is what you need to know:
This is a huge outdoor picnic where food trucks of different origins, cuisine and menus prepare food that is cooked to order. It’s not fast food, as the majority of the trucks are run by regional chefs. A great deal of fusion cuisine, comfort foods and sweet treats to choose from will be available by a selection of over a dozen food trucks. Be sure to bring your folding chairs or blankets to picnic at the park grass surroundings.

https://www.facebook.com/events/666830523453680/

Well, we've now been on and off Longboat Key for maybe three out of the last four months due to the red tide reaction of my Admiral. It's a day by day thing, but we figured we'd either be in Stuart or Ft. Pierce on the boat, or at the Miami Show, but it looks like neither one, so I guess I'll be coming across by car. Is there any particular day for heading up to Liquidators?

Never fear Larry Don's Short Bus Tours is here. You can book it at anytime. We are checking the weather daily to see what may be best. Hopefully the showers forecasted for Tuesday will not appear. That would be a good day. As LarryM posted prior to this, the food truck night should be great.

Are you bringing DWHatty and Siesta Key with you? Off Duty had indicated a strong interest, also.

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties (transmission problems) , I am laid up in Stuart for a couple of weeks. Was hoping it might be finished in time but no luck. I flew home and am taking care of neglected honey-do's. Yuck! Would much rather be there. Maybe next time.

Rafe

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties (transmission problems) , I am laid up in Stuart for a couple of weeks. Was hoping it might be finished in time but no luck. I flew home and am taking care of neglected honey-do's. Yuck! Would much rather be there. Maybe next time.

Rafe

That's a bummer, Rafe. Too bad you didn't stay in Stuart. That's a regular stop on Don's Short Bus Tours. We could have picked you up there.

We hope you do make it next time.

Don

Dwhatty is coming under his own steam Tuesday. Wheeled land vessel. ETA about 3 or 4 pm to Rodeway Inn. An unknown, hopefully not too fleabag, motel. Thence to Marina docks after checking in, unless directed elsewhere.

Anybody in the Longboat Key area needing a ride please pm me.

Rafe

Dwhatty is coming under his own steam Tuesday. Wheeled land vessel. ETA about 3 or 4 pm to Rodeway Inn. An unknown, hopefully not too fleabag, motel. Thence to Marina docks after checking in, unless directed elsewhere.

Anybody in the Longboat Key area needing a ride please pm me.

Great, David! Because you are coming from Maine, I anticipate that you will win the Runner up in the distance contest even though you didn't come by boat. That will be a drink of the finest Tennessee sipping whiskey from my own private stock. It was brought by me directly from Tennessee.

For the grand prize for coming the longest way on his own boat-----Alaska! Our own Site Team member Larry M. Here he is on the back deck of Hobo holding up his trophy. (ir never hurts to do a little sucking up to the moderators)

img_414120_0_22c2b37c0d9135c580a37e1e6f55fbbc.jpg

So, come one and come all to join in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom