LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
Replaced the entire boat with LED bulb replacements. Used "Warm" white color for the interior living spaces and "Cool" white for engine room and storage holds. Didn't have to compromise on light levels. The LED's were either the same or brighter. Just finished the engine room bulbs. First picture is the incandescent bulb. The second is the LED replacement bulb. I bought them from superbrightleds.com and have not had a bad bulb yet. I don't work for them, I have just heard of others receiving DOA bulbs. I haven't experienced that. Light fixtures are running cool to the touch and less than half the battery draw. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1453756595.813658.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1453756607.644814.jpg

Looks great! Part numbers or reference?

The web site is very easy to navigate. Take a close look at the existing incandescent light bulb and then find the corresponding base. Note if the base has one or two contact points, also the position of the retaining pins. For the flush mount ceiling lights be sure of the space available. Their return policy and RMA method is easy via their web site.

LED lights

I replaced my entire boat as well with LED. Mine were BA 15 D 1157.
Hope the attached picture would help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 92
For folks replacing the dual filament style bulbs 12V have the big filament on a different pickup than 24V.

Might make a difference to your hookup.

Looks great, Pgitug! I did something similar and found great comfort on those morning I woke to find I left the ER lights on all night. Hardly much of a hit on the batteries now compared to the old bulbs.

Looks great, Pgitug! I did something similar and found great comfort on those morning I woke to find I left the ER lights on all night. Hardly much of a hit on the batteries now compared to the old bulbs.

I just did that last week. They had been on for two days. Lights were cool to the touch and no burned out bulbs needing to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom