Old 01-25-2016, 03:01 PM   #35
Donsan
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
No, but I'm taking into consideration the boat he's talking about. Two available on the West Coast, one for $1.025 million and one for $1.295 million. I'm taking into consideration the cost of the various marinas having been that entire route and experienced them. Anchoring would save lot's of money but that's not his plan.

Which of my numbers would you argue with and what numbers would you give him? And have you been the route he's talking about? My numbers added to $181k so I said $150-200k. So reduce my numbers by 20% and you're still at $145k.

I'm also very familiar with what Nordhavn owners find themselves spending in the first year. The $200k loss on the boat may well be high but sales commission will be $100k and you must assume some depreciation so maybe $150k.

This isn't the great loop on a 36' trawler that he's talking about. Anyone else have numbers, feel free to offer them. I'm also assuming in buying a $1+ million boat that he can afford substantial costs and has planned for an expensive 14 month trip.
I was joking. I would have estimated $10,000/month without considering the depreciation and without going into the details you did. Anyway you cut the muster, those are some big bucks for a little more than 12 months but some of those expenses would be there just living in their land based home.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote