View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #14
devorenm
Veteran Member

City: Toledo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
I'm missing something completely here and that's why one is bothered by joysticks. They aren't new but very much popularized by IPS and Zeus. However, they do a number of things very well. They make docking easier. Is it bad that fewer people will have difficulty docking? They also with things like Skyhook allow a boat to hold a position. That sure eases waiting to enter a marina or waiting for a bridge.

I don't share the dislike of technological advances. I also don't think there will be some new mad rush of people who don't know what they're doing as I think some of those were always buyers.
I was at a boat show over the weekend and was talking to one of the dealers about the Axius. One of the things I didn't think about was the issue of people setting skyhook and then allowing people into the water to swim - the props aren't spinning, still aren't spinning, now they are spinning and someone gets eaten up. The SRs all have big warnings signs on the transom door/swim platform and at the dash.