Bottom Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve wrote:

*A side note I have Atrial fibrillation, my cardiologist recommended I not do any sort of compressed air diving Maybe over cautious??
Steve W.
Do you have an AICD implant?***** KJ

No implants. Just taking meds & coumadin doesn't cause me any trouble so far.
Steve

KJ wrote:

Per wrote:

great info on the "hooka" diving, i always wondered if there is such a thing as breathable air in a can?
I would rather look into Larry's set up.** KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 05:14:39 PM

ok, i looked at those on ebay, the price is pretty hefty but i gather you can piece it together on your own.

Steve wrote:

No implants. Just taking meds & coumadin doesn't cause me any trouble so far.
Steve
I guess it's a question of how often you go into* A Fib.* You certainly don't want to be 60 ft down and have an episode.* You might want to check with the MD staff on the DAN (Diver Alert Network) and ask them, although most doc's are reluctant to second guess another doc.*I'm not sure what the compressed air factor is, unless it has to do with the movement of nitrogen in and out of the cells.* You might try just snorkeling for a while. *Also, you might want to ask*your cardiologist what he is basing his recommendation on.* He*might not have a good understanding of diving physiology. He might be going on just the exertion level.* ***** KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 08:57:08 PM

Steve,

Have you talked to your Doc about catheter ablation? Should you need more info send me a PM.

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 11:13:06 PM

Back
Top Bottom