Detroit Diesel Mechanic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCoch

Veteran Member
Does anyone know Tom Hugg in the Mid-Atlantic area? He is an engine surveyor and Detroit Diesel mechanic in the Baltimore area.

We used Tom for the engine survey of our boat after our offer was accepted last spring and we were very pleased with his attention to detail and willingness to spend time explaining his findings.

No experience with actual mechanical work by him but he did come highly recommended for surveys.

Gene

Friends of mine have used him to survey their new boat and have since used him to repair one of the Detroit 8-92s. He got most of the work done but disappeared. Didn't return calls or email. My friend went to his shop and it's empty. We are all wondering what the story is at this point. He had the blower for the engine in the shop. So much for reliability.

I had him do my engine survey in 2007 and subsequently, in following years, some work on my 8v92's. Just a super guy and excellent mechanic. I know he had some pretty severe tragedies in his personal life a few years back (wife died very suddenly, daughter had health issues) . Sorry to hear of apparent new issues.

You might try calling Art Cox at Anchor Bay East yard and marina in Dundalk. They know Tom well. Also Gale Browning at Hartoft surveyors in Annapolis.

I had him do my engine survey in 2007 and subsequently, in following years, some work on my 8v92's. Just a super guy and excellent mechanic. I know he had some pretty severe tragedies in his personal life a few years back (wife died very suddenly, daughter had health issues) . Sorry to hear of apparent new issues.

You might try calling Art Cox at Anchor Bay East yard and marina in Dundalk. They know Tom well. Also Gale Browning at Hartoft surveyors in Annapolis.
Thanks, I know Art. I'll give him a shout.

You looking for
surveyor or a mechanic?

Spell check via iPhone.

Tom is a superb engine surveyor as well as mechanic. An excellent and articulate teacher too. I had the great good fortune of having him and Gale do the engine and hull surveys respectively.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom