Prop Scan Shops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I plan on pulling my props next time I have Northern Lights hauled. The 2 shops Closest to my location is Chicago and one in Kentucky. Has anyone got any experience with either one or would recommend another company?

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Has anyone got any experience with either one or would recommend another company?

River...

Not sure where you are or how far they are from you but...
No experience w/ the ones you mentioned.

I've had great luck w/ Gabe at Precision Propeller in Newburgh NY (on the Hudson) and highly recommend him.
I saw one set of props he rebuilt that I would have thought were totaled but they looked like new when returned. When I bought my MS I sent him the prop (it was off and winter)... he scanned & confirmed pitch & balance and they were fine - cleaned it up & shipped back - $100
Found a spare for sale by someone on another forum and had him quote repair & help me w/ a fair price.
If you email him photos he'll give you an est back. May be worth at least checking price.

I am next door to Precision Propeller here in Ft Lauderdale. They have the measuring and balancing equipment to measure what comes in, what needs to be done, and what leaves.

They still fix them with hammers :banghead:

You will have to tell them what class of finish you want on your prop(s). A good prop shop will provide good level of finish all the time, but a class A balance and finish needs to be specified, even at Precision Prop

:socool:

Any local shop that has invested in the prop scan software and can give you a free scan should be able to do a good job for you.

Spell check via iPhone.

Can't speak to your two shops but I used Prop Scan on my props with Thomas Propeller near Sacramento. They did a great job, turned them around fast and the cost was reasonable in my book....and I'm cheap! I gained a little on the top end and lost the vibes that has persisted with my boat since purchase. Now if I ding one prop, no need to pull both...his computer has the profile and can replicate it.

Thanks for the help I'am going to send them to one or the other because I've heard several owners who've used the prop scan shops and were very satisfied with the results.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom