Thread: Art...43 Tolly
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #15
Norwester
Veteran Member

City: Yakima
Our boat is a 2006 Westcoast 46 that we bought in Vancouver in 2009. It's powered by a single 270 hp 6bta Cummins. There were about 25 made, and I'd guess that around 1/3 are singles and 2/3 are twins. It's not a stand up engine room, but with a single there is a lot of space. The boats can come with exterior teak, or with no wood on the exterior. Ours has no exterior wood, and that was one of the plus's for us.

I've taken a close look at a couple of Tolly 43's and the layout and functionality is very close to the 46. The hull shape is as described for the Tolly 43, I'd never heard anyone describe it as full displacement, even though it has soft chines. It only drafts 3'6" and with twins will cruise at 16 knots.

The extra 3' in the Westcoast's cockpit make it a lot more usable. It does add more lift though and the water tanks need to be almost full for a level ride.

Overall, it has been a very good boat for us. It handles well and has a lot of space for it's size. It's fuel efficient and about as maintenance free as is possible in a boat this size. I can answer questions for anyone considering a Westcoast 46.
Lyle
Norwester is offline   Reply With Quote