View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
Larry M
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
RE: Bottom Job

Quote:
Delfin wrote:

First, I think we should deputize someone to go to Mexico and make sure Larry is there and not posting from a trailer park outside of Scranton, PA.*

Second, Larry, what is your preferred method for attaching yourself to the boat for leverage when you're cleaning, and what kind of scrubber do you like to use?*

Thanks!
Carl:* Send the the posse down.* The beers are cold and the waters warm.*

We don't attach our selves to the bottom of the boat.* When we are doing the rudder and prop, there's enough stuff to hang onto.* When we are doing the hull I use a 12" SS finishing sheetrock knife.* I*swim*along the sides and it's like mowing the grass.* Lena usually does the water line with a plastic scraper and this is the only area we might wipe down.* The professional bottom cleaners ($1.00/ft USD) use the course scotch pads but chew threw the boat paint pretty fast.* The bottoms do look good.*

I use a screw driver for the thru-hulls.* We weren't getting enough flow at the water maker's thru-hull one time.**Barnacles had taken up residence and*with the high water flow they flourished to the point*that I was starving the high pressure pump.

Larry/Lena
Hobo KK42
Huatulca, Oaxaco, MX*
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote