Don't Drive to the Boat Show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
Anybody going to the Miami International Boat Show?
Don't plan to drive directly to the show. This year it is taking place on Virginia Key and there is virtually no parking at the show site.

The good news is it should be really easy to get to if you park on the mainland.
There are dozens of shuttle bus and water taxie pick up sites on the mainland with many thousands of parking spaces near by.

If visitors get the word to park on the mainland, this should be a very easy boat show to get to.

Anybody going to the Miami International Boat Show?
Don't plan to drive directly to the show. This year it is taking place on Virginia Key and there is virtually no parking at the show site.

The good news is it should be really easy to get to if you park on the mainland.
There are dozens of shuttle bus and water taxie pick up sites on the mainland with many thousands of parking spaces near by.

If visitors get the word to park on the mainland, this should be a very easy boat show to get to.

Guess we'll see how that works as we're in a society and community where people are use to driving to things, not taking other means. Seeing how long it takes to get there from the remote parking will be a key. I've attended conventions where you could walk it in the time you spent waiting early morning and late afternoon. The price at American Airlines Marina will still get some criticism. $20. Or $35 for Valet. The good thing is that parking on Virginia Key is reserved and can be purchased online so one can know whether they can park there or not in advance. No driving there and then finding no space. (hopefully). I really hope the organizers have given the logistics a lot of practice and tests so they work smoothly as this could be a make or break issue for the show and the new venue. If it's quick and easy then it will be a huge bonus. Note that Marlins Park is the best deal at $5. Just a slightly longer shuttle and no water taxi.

Then there is Strictly Sail. How well will things work for those wanting to shuttle there.

Then of course the competing Yacht show at Collins Avenue and Island Gardens. How many people will go to the effort to attend both?

I'm anxious to see how this all works out. We will be far away so hope for reports here.

Greetings,
Mr. B. If we had the choice between a shuttle and a water taxi, the boat would win out every time. ANY excuse...

B&B, If I were you coming from Lauderdale, I'd get on Tri-Rail, ride it to Miami, transfer to Metro Rail and get on the shuttle bus at the Vizcaya Station. From the main show you can water taxi to either the Sailboat show or the brokerage show.

I would prefer Water Taxi too, just hope the waits are short. Concerned about the first year, perhaps for no reason.

And from Fort Lauderdale, the train is definitely a good option.

I hope it all goes well. They are definitely going to be under a magnifying glass this year, especially with Key Biscayne, but also with attendees.

I'd love to see the boat show in Miami boycotted. If you do go, stop by the Sea Tow booth and tell them you don't appreciate their collusion with the City of Miami in restricting dinghy access for cruisers.

See WaterWay Guide

Greetings,
Mr. HC. What a WONDERFUL idea. I hear the driver is certified or at least certifiable...

giphy.gif

Boatpoker, please re-read that before you go off half cocked, again.

The City of Miami has nothing to do with the dinghy problem. That is the City of Miami Beach. The City of Miami has very nice free dinghy docks in Coconut Grove. In fact there will be a water taxi pick up near the dinghy dock.

The boat show is not in Miami Beach. It is in Miami. Miami loves boaters. Miami Beach seems to have a problem.

Hopkins-Carter, also not on Miami Beach, has a nice dinghy dock as well. Unfortunately no shuttle bus. I did suggest to the show that they make my dock a Water Taxi point as I'm surrounded with parking. Unfortunately they thought the 45 minute ride up the river was too much.

Boatpoker, please re-read that before you go off half cocked, again.

The City of Miami has nothing to do with the dinghy problem. That is the City of Miami Beach. The City of Miami has very nice free dinghy docks in Coconut Grove. In fact there will be a water taxi pick up near the dinghy dock.

The boat show is not in Miami Beach. It is in Miami. Miami loves boaters. Miami Beach seems to have a problem.

Yeah, I think you got it. Here is what I pick up. He's in Ontario. But he thinks the boat show in Miami should be boycotted because an entirely different city, Miami Beach has decided not to allow boats to tie to one specific seawall. Oh, and let's toss Sea Tow in and let's blast them for doing the job they're contracted to do when people break the clearly posted law. And, of course, this has nothing to do with the boat show at all.

Back
Top Bottom