used Propeller (Wheel) suppliers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Greetings to the forum

Recently on the Prairie thread the discussion revolved around the correct method, sizing, over wheel/under wheel sizing and such. Really a good time had by all the participation and everybody was rational:thumb:

During the discussion the thought was developing that experimenting with and then obtaining a replacement wheel were that the case, can be daunting as to where one can turn. With that in mind, I would start off some sort of site or reference for forum posters to add sites and addresses of sources they may have.
The one that I offer is found on eBay and here is that suppliers site. I would add that if you are seeking a specific wheel and do not take the time to contact the supplier or you are lurking for a wheel, the inventory seems to change each day. I have no idea if that is due to incoming inventory or that the inventory is large and they refresh for that reason.
Cheers,
Al-27'Marben Pocket CRUISER.

http://stores.ebay.com/donsmarine-2...d=808379809&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Just bought a new prop for my boat after looking for about 4 days on the web at used ones. Found a couple listed on sites that didn't exist. "Our inventory is updated regularly; don't know how we missed that; happy to order you a new one." Looked on your linked site and found one that is close. Looked closer and saw the pink from lack of zinc protection. Used propellers are definitely a "Buyer Be Ware".

Ted

I would prefer to work with a new prop shop. A competent shop can take your performance values and come up with a close sizing recommendation. There are also cavitation and efficiency issues that they can help you with. Then if the prop doesn't meet the performance you need, ie wot rpm, they will often repitch it for free.

David

I would prefer to work with a new prop shop. A competent shop can take your performance values and come up with a close sizing recommendation. There are also cavitation and efficiency issues that they can help you with. Then if the prop doesn't meet the performance you need, ie wot rpm, they will often repitch it for free.

David

I agree. I have worked with both of the big shops in my area. Both family run. Both extremely competent. They both have the family name in Company name. And the person you will be talking to will have that same last name. My point being, a very personal experience and a reputation that is valued by both customer and vendor.

Back
Top Bottom