Big Storm Eyeing the PNW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is definitely some weather. This is for the 16th surface winds.

Attachments

• P_48hrsfc[1].jpg
    P_48hrsfc[1].jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 77
Looks like it's time to stay in the slip and double up the lines.

Glad we're in Phoenix.

Wow, that looks ugly.
Glad we're over here in winter wonderland, but that doesn't mean I won't be worrying about how Otter is going to be doing over in her slip. :(

Strangely at the same time a very early tropical disturbance in the Atlantic that, if it continues, probably heads toward the Azores.

Is winter about to begin?
What are those red arrows for?
What direction is it headed for?
Probably SE Alaska.

Thanks bones,
Looks like it's just sitt'in there churning around.
If it starts coming this way I'm sure we'll hear all about it.

Take a look at this site:

earth.nullschool.net

Real-time wind observation...it's ugly.

Wow good thing I'm head up to the boat in bremerton this weekend. Ride out the storm at the dock and take care of the boat. That looks like a hurricane.

Last edited:
I wonder when and where this will hit once it makes landfall...????

None of the weather reports for this area through the weekend and into next week are saying anything about this. There will be heavy rain and some wind on Saturday but that is from a disturbance passing to the south.

It is a baroclinic low and it is a long ways away yet.

Reputable weather forecasts are good for three days, five days out are pretty iffy.

Systems like this often times get beat up by high pressure systems lingering in the BC interior, Alaska, and the Yukon while still in the Gulf of Alaska. Even when they do make landfall, there are so few people north of 50° on the coast, that they get little media coverage.

Even Cliff Mass is silent.

Last edited:
Even when they do make landfall, there are so few people north of 50° on the coast, that they get little media coverage.

The few souls hearty enough to live on the coast north of 50 are more than prepared to ride out a low like this.

Yikes...that Pacific storm is a beast! Must be getting an extra boost from the "Blob" :eek:

Dixon Entrance East is scheduled for 50 knots and 8 meter seas Friday. Sitka's Harbor will be bouncy I'd guess. It gets that way in heavy weather.

Back
Top Bottom