Newbie: Please let me think of this boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that one is odd looking, but if we're talking boxy superstructures, here's one of the most extreme I've seen. Yikes, talk about windage:

Houseboat 38' Two Story in Melbourne FL | eBay

Even sitting at a dock with the engines off I'd be afraid of rolling over in a light breeze.

So for $600 a month you get to live in your boat that is incapable of ever moving and crap in a plastic bag. Not to mention whatever maintenance is required to keep that thing from sinking at the dock. Seems to me the real estate market in Melbourne can't be that expensive. Makes you wonder what kind of marina the thing is at that they tolerate an unpowered homemade powerboat with liveaboards and no head.

So for $600 a month you get to live in your boat that is incapable of ever moving and crap in a plastic bag. Not to mention whatever maintenance is required to keep that thing from sinking at the dock. Seems to me the real estate market in Melbourne can't be that expensive. Makes you wonder what kind of marina the thing is at that they tolerate an unpowered homemade powerboat with liveaboards and no head.

Waterfront living in Melbourne, you're not going to get for $600/month. There are areas in Alaska with marinas that have quite a few houseboats of various types, some not all that dissimilar from this one, and many incapable of moving under their own power. I've seen several looking at boats at those marinas on the tv show "Buying Alaska". There are other places around the country with boathouses which are houses on water, not boats in any way except they float. Hales Bar, on Lake Nickajack rents such at their dock and there are various companies that have started building such "homes" designed just to be floating homes at marina type locations.

Not for me, but apparently for some.

A composting toilet solves the no head hassle and with zero discharge is legal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom