It's January for pete's sake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And now it's a hurricane! ! "Alex"!

What is wrong with the world? ?

And now it's a hurricane! ! "Alex"!

What is wrong with the world? ?

For business reasons (and the good of our human race): I've been deeply into studying global eco-systemic changes for over a decade. Climate warming (propagated by both anthropocentric and natural circumstances) are affecting (altering) positions of Trade Winds and Oceanic Currents. Ongoing accumulation of these occurrences' interactive environmental effects will during next decades globally affect weather conditions... some times very severely. Trade Winds' and Ocean Currents' interactive positioning are the two primary Earth bound "feeders" that establish and rule over and maintain climate conditions.

In short: The Trade Winds and the Oceans' Main Currents that had naturally stabilized into seasonally fixed positions some twelve (12) thousand years ago are about to get into a "fight" for re-positioning. The many millenniums of humanly acceptable weather/climate conditions is about to change. Due to global environmental circumstances at hand... prepare to be impressed, and, sometimes scared.

IMO, and in the learned opinion of the highly professional internationally based consortium to which I belong, the ecosystem and climate changes coming worldwide straight at us will soon (in the next decade or two or at max three) reach life threatening treacherous conditions... to say the least. Not unlike times of past circumstance (think WWII) where global action becomes needed this eco-systemic climate change will also require severe international attention. This time we will not so much be fighting against one another to see who can become king of the hill for a while, but rather, nations all will (should) be fighting together in efforts to save (salvage best as possible) Earth's climate conditions so the human race can survive.

Welcome to the future - I sure hope things work out well for all concerned!

Happy Earth-Climate-Change Daze - Art :D

Last edited:
Hi Art,

Any guesstimates on when the Greenland Current, Gulf Stream relationship is going to change dramatically?

Rats, I should have bought more Powerball tickets

Last edited:
Rats. I should have bought a sailboat.

Hi Art,

Any guesstimates on when the Greenland Current, Gulf Stream relationship is going to change dramatically?

Hi Murray

Sorry - I can't deal in schedule guestimates for this case... regarding unprecedented, "accurately unpredictable", and phenomenal Global Environment Upheaval.

Different computer program models place different predictions. Thus... my one to two to three decade spread in post #4. Fact is, no matter the speed of change... change is coming; velocity is likely to increase; it also could ebb and flow as eco/environ items affect each other in unusual, unexpected manners. Things might happen sooner than the decade-lengths I mention; doubts are that it will take longer than three decades to see BIG Changes. To attempt circumvention of this global circumstance there are still some means to try and slow Earth's warming. Unfortunately some of the means (fastest, least costly) are bandages at best and not conducive to continued good climate conditions. Others are, although not grand enough to really place a cap on climate change - things.

There seems to be a way that if having been funded to comprehensively start initial-productions about 10 years ago (self funded, successful prototypes exist) and currently had trillions of dollars poured into it with many nations best and brightest working on it might be able to stop the onslaught of global warming and climate change. But, alas, this solar powered group of devices work directly with Earth's natural systems, and, at start-up it does not follow the "Business as Usual" scheme of economics. However, once up and running in sufficient quantity - as well as providing eco/environ assistance there could become an enormous surge in earning power as well as vast levels of monetary, employment, clean food/water/electricity sources, schooling, and health assistance for developed and very importantly for under privileged developing nations.

Even the smartest physicists/scientists with the best computer program models can only basically guess at what juxtaposing will occur regarding Trade Winds' and Ocean Currents' altering positions. Earth's now increasing rate of change for eco-systemic/climate conditions has a built-in nearly unlimited variance as to what the changing conditions will (may) provide.

One thing that America is famous for when perilous conditions prevail - "If it were not for the last second... nothing would get done!" That is a saying I believe in for not only our U.S. but also for other nations. In other words... when our backs are against the wall Great Things Do Get Done!

I believe that America can and will lead the world back to a stabilized climate/environment. Sure Hope So!!!

Cheers! Art

Last edited:
Wow.

Having an ms in oceanography, i was being somewhat facetious with the question. Nonetheless, it's good of you, Art, to go into such depth for the audience.

I thought this storm started as a subtropical disturbance, so is it really a hurricane?

I wonder how many little cyclonic disturbances like this occurred before weather satellites existed?

Wow.

Having an ms in oceanography, i was being somewhat facetious with the question. Nonetheless, it's good of you, Art, to go into such depth for the audience.

Thanks, Gabe - I live it.

It is one of my worlds that occupy my time and energy. It will become my one world once the consortium to which I belong becomes amply funded. We've much to do and so little time to accomplish it before shat hits the fan and eco/environ/climate changes become unstoppable. Many say we are already too late... so enjoy the ride as we all travel down a truly slippery slope. I understand that - but can not condone simply giving up.

Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide increase is the number one anthropogenic induced Global Warming Instigator. Just happens that Earth's naturally warming conditions are in parallel with our own self-produced warming trends. A double whammy, if you will.

Additional Warming "Feed-Ons": I.e., increased humidity, newly revealed dark earth sectors, newly revealed dark sea sectors, permafrost melting releasing vast quantities of methane are some of the additions to CO2's climate debilitating sequences of capturing solar rays and then emitting the heat back into air and into oceans. This multi-product generator for global warming becomes self perpetuating as each portion's self-warming capability further enlivens all the other portions' self-warming attributes. It's become a viscous and vicious circle that if not stopped can ruin Earth's livable climate conditions... we've all become so used to.

Cheers! Art

Art-appreciate what you have posted, interesting to say the least. Perhaps you can spread the knowledge to some of the aspiring presidential candidates? There seems to be a distinct lack of knowledge, not to mention concern, among some.

No offence to you "believers" out there but I think we are perfectly capable of fouling our nest, maybe (not likely) even cleaning it, but we are otherwise just along for the ride; our arrogant attitude (with our very fleeting presence on this planet) towards fixing something that is pretty much doing its own thing, is laughable.

Tropical seas, ice ages, volcanoes and asteroids and tsunamis and earthquakes. Flu. Wars. Dinosaurs and wooly mammoths and now us. Gimme a break.

Art-appreciate what you have posted, interesting to say the least. Perhaps you can spread the knowledge to some of the aspiring presidential candidates? There seems to be a distinct lack of knowledge, not to mention concern, among some.

You would not believe the headwinds! Biz as usual still rules. "Income-Profit Money" currently talks... new devices for assisting to clean things up currently walk.

This scenario will eventually be forced to change, but, will it be soon enough??!!

I've important meeting next Friday that may (hopefully will) in 2015 lead to the best financial position our consortium has seen... so far.

Wish me luck!

Happy Life Daze - Art :D

"I've important meeting next Friday that may (hopefully will) in 2015 lead to the best financial position our consortium has seen... so far. "

If you are still trying to fix 2015 financial woes, 2016 will be real challenging :)

No offence to you "believers" out there but I think we are perfectly capable of fouling our nest, maybe (not likely) even cleaning it, but we are otherwise just along for the ride; our arrogant attitude (with our very fleeting presence on this planet) towards fixing something that is pretty much doing its own thing, is laughable.

Tropical seas, ice ages, volcanoes and asteroids and tsunamis and earthquakes. Flu. Wars. Dinosaurs and wooly mammoths and now us. Gimme a break.

:thumb:

Now, if I could just get the Weather Channel people to tell me for sure it won't rain next Friday! :banghead:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom