View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #29
bcam

City: Union, WA
Vessel Name: Touch of Grey
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
We have been buying a decal for 13 years for our sailboat. We usually make three trips to Canada each year. We have Nexus cards for our entry into the US. We don't use Nexus for entering Canada as we find that it's quicker to stop at Oak Bay or Sidney and use the phone.
In August we bought a powerboat to enhance our boating experience. We have three trips planned for that boat as well as our travels on the sailboat. So, when I ordered the decal for the sailboat, I also ordered a decal for the powerboat.
When they arrived, I called CBP at Pt. Angeles to update our BR pages with the new decal number as well as add the powerboat to our BR number. A very nice officer told me I would have to make an appointment to get a new BR as they can't handle two boats on one number. I called Blaine CBP to see if I could take care of it there. A very confused CBP officer insisted that I call the Coast Guard because CBP did nothing on the water. I didn't point out the assets that I see on the water seemed to be manned by CBP officers.
In the end, I called the Small Boat Reporting System. A very nice officer thanked me for being pro-active, added the new boat to our existing BR number and wished me well. She informed me that when I called in the responding officer would simply ask which boat we were on. Very nice!
bcam is offline   Reply With Quote