Cyclone Yasi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter B

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Make
Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Ok people looks like poor old Queensland is going to be belted again.* My heart goes out to anyone with a boat in a vulnerable position.* So hard to know what to do.* I am keeping fingers crossed neither it nor any others drift down this way this summer* This one is big - huge - like Katrina which struck Florida 5 yrs ago and twice the size and as strong or stronger than Larry which hit Innesvale in 2006.* Here's hoping...

I have just looked at the BOM site, Yasi is now a category 4 & predicted to strengthen overnight, before making landfall late tomorrow.This could get very ugly for the poor devils caught in its path.

I feel for you guys. Hurricane season leaves a knot in my stomach from July to the end of October.

Best wishes to you and yours. We're thinking of you.

Carey wrote:

Best wishes to you and yours. We're thinking of you.
Thanks Carey and others.* This is getting so big, I have opened a thread with a link on the main board.* The Premier of the State giving her final briefing and is addressing this as the most destructive weather event on record in this state.....and we thought we had just had that with the flooding.* Whole towns and cities are being evacuated.
Anybody out there still doubt global warming....?

-- Edited by Peter B on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 06:46:37 AM

Carl,
The volenteers are in there along with the Army, the SES (Emergency Services) and things are progresing as well as can be expected.
some are still with out power but according to reports all should be back on soon.
Benn

Back
Top Bottom