Forum grief.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar

Guru
Vessel Name
Lady Kay V
Vessel Make
1978 Hatteras 53MY
1 I tried to find the feedback forum.....
2 There's waaaaay to many forums here
3 So I just stay in the bar...... (general forum)

That said.....

How the HEXX do I keep this thing from sending me an email every xxxxing time someone posts on a thread I've responded to.....???

Tried everything.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Specifically

In the menu bar above your post click USER CP

scroll down the menu that appears untill you reach the box SETTINGS AND OPTIONS

scroll down that menu to come to EDIT OPTIONS
Open that and down again to MESSAGING AND NOTIFICATION

Again down to DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE
I'll bet the box is clicked. Unclick it and the e-mails should stop.

Of course you can still get specific threads that YOU really want by using the Thread tools menu just above your post.

It is worthwhile going through the entire list of options.

I moved this thread into the forum in question. Look above for the link...or here

Forum Support | Suggestion Box | News - Trawler Forum

I thought something similar first time I sat in an airplane cockpit....too many dials, knobs, switches and levers. But after a while, I learned what each did, where to find it blindfolded and why it was needed. I hope your results here are similar. If you have suggestions for consolidation or reduction, feel free to PM anyone on the Site Team or via a reported post.

I hope that changes.

That said.....

How the HEXX do I keep this thing from sending me an email every xxxxing time someone posts on a thread I've responded to.....???

Each thread has a THREAD TOOLS link in the red bar above. Click it and select UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS THREAD. On the red bar above THREAD TOOLS, you'll see USER CP. Click there to set your preferences:

EDIT OPTIONS
In MESSAGING AND NOTIFICATION, choose your DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE from the drop down menu.

Post on less threads? Oh crap, now I`m on this one.

I moved this thread into the forum in question. Look above for the link...or here

Forum Support | Suggestion Box | News - Trawler Forum

I thought something similar first time I sat in an airplane cockpit....too many dials, knobs, switches and levers. But after a while, I learned what each did, where to find it blindfolded and why it was needed. I hope your results here are similar. If you have suggestions for consolidation or reduction, feel free to PM anyone on the Site Team or via a reported post.

I hope that changes.

That said.....

Each thread has a THREAD TOOLS link in the red bar above. Click it and select UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS THREAD. On the red bar above THREAD TOOLS, you'll see USER CP. Click there to set your preferences:

EDIT OPTIONS
In MESSAGING AND NOTIFICATION, choose your DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE from the drop down menu.

I think he is a stupid whiny azz pilot!!!! So I guess you gotta spell everything out for him!!!!....;) ;) :rofl: :rofl: :whistling:

On the iPad app, there is a menu item called @Participated that shows all threads in which you commented. If there is a star beside the thread, it means it is a favorite and you will receive emails each time someone posts to it. Swipe on the thread and another menu allows you to uncheck the star, and then you will not get email notices. I do this every time I post in a new thread.

Or you can turn them all off under push notifications.

Last edited:
I think he is a stupid whiny azz pilot!!!! So I guess you gotta spell everything out for him!!!!....;) ;) :rofl: :rofl: :whistling:

Must be a glider pilot! Maybe a Whiner Liner pilot?

(That's what we called airline pilots who complained about departure delays at the field while we were conducting our low approach evaluating the electronic nav signals. "Can't they do that at night?" )

:facepalm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom