Newbie: Please let me think of this boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was referring to the CHB in the link @ $30k versus the Enos @ $10k. My calculator says:

30000-10000=20000

Yes, but it had already been sold and re-listed for 79,900.00, so it wasn't a current price difference for that boat and the Sapphire boat.

Also, I haven't seen the Enos boat listed for 10K that you're talking about. Did I miss the link?

Last edited:
Hey Northern, "Ennos Sapphire?"

Biting me?

Finished auction at $15,001 and 86 bids.

Beware, this is the feedback from a GB32 from the same seller:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1402285734.340951.jpg

I have no idea what is going on with these homemade 2012 with 50 year old engines on Craigslist and Ebay and who knows where else. Whether you others are talking about the same boat or two different ones. I do know I'd never go near it without seeing it and giving it a sea trial and then I'd be very skeptical. Just seeing it on youtube it didn't look like anything I'd venture out in. Those who play with fire will get burned. Why anyone would bid on an ebay boat with someone who already has the negative feedback the guy has is beyond me. Please people, be careful. I have bought things on craigslist but not without seeing them and small things on ebay. All the signs of disaster are there.

The seller has a 94.1% positive feedback rating with 16 positive and one negative in the last 12 months. Not perfect but I would not judge the seller based solely on the single negative.

If the rest of the boat shows well it may be worth repowering? Maybe a 4b Cummins? I did also see a Lehman 120, rebuilt for a repower project that never happened, for sale for $3500...

$15k for the boat + $10k for a BUDGET repower. Bargain or Black Hole?

I would be hopeful that the J-70 would last a season or two.

Has anyone here seen this boat first hand?

Thanks

Steve

Yup. Everyday.

Could you give us some "Intel"? :)

What are your impressions of the boat? Build quality & condition?

Also, could you tell me about getting to Powell River? From your earlier comment I think Mapquest is lying to me. If I head up to look at it I will be traveling from Pasco Washington.

Thanks

We own a 1981 Ennos Sapphire 32, which discontinued production shortly after 1981. As Northern Spy said, it looks nothing like the vessel under discussion, excluding the hull. I didn't sign up to look closely at the photos (have done so before and regretted the ensuing bombardment) but it does look to have the same hull, which is well built.

Ours has a 165 HP Volvo and it would be a lie if I said it could reach over 12 knots, so 70 HP wouldn't come close.

(Ours is for sale if anyone is interested!)

Attachments

• DSC_0845.jpg
    DSC_0845.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 101
We own a 1981 Ennos Sapphire 32, which discontinued production shortly after 1981. As Northern Spy said, it looks nothing like the vessel under discussion, excluding the hull. I didn't sign up to look closely at the photos (have done so before and regretted the ensuing bombardment) but it does look to have the same hull, which is well built.

Ours has a 165 HP Volvo and it would be a lie if I said it could reach over 12 knots, so 70 HP wouldn't come close.

(Ours is for sale if anyone is interested!)

Thanks Conrad,

Yours is a good looking boat from the pic. What is your asking price?

As to the "Ennos" on eBay: Looking at the pics and poking around for information I got the idea that someone had taken an older Ennos and done and extensive reconstruction. I contacted the seller and asked. He told me that the hull & structure are all 2012 manufacture.

I expect the hull speed is a bit less than 7.5kts and you could push it at 7kts on ROUGHLY 1.5gph. I would guess that 70hp would land you closer to 8.5kts and 3.5gph (assuming 17000# displacement). A little out of my area of knowledge so take my numbers with a "grain of salt".

I expect the hull speed is a bit less than 7.5kts and you could push it at 7kts on ROUGHLY 1.5gph. I would guess that 70hp would land you closer to 8.5kts and 3.5gph (assuming 17000# displacement). A little out of my area of knowledge so take my numbers with a "grain of salt".

Ours is happy at 7.5 knots and 10 litres/hour. Manufacturer's quoted displacement: 11,600 pounds.

Kenmore Air
Seattle to Campbell River

Kewl!!

I have never flown a seaplane before. I have been looking for an excuse. Thanks for the info. Looks like they have daily flights from Kenmore to Campbell River.

Float planes are fun, just a little extra drag. I think Conrad's boat would be a better choice and the advice given on surveys....no matter what always do a hull and engine survey.

Well, that one is odd looking, but if we're talking boxy superstructures, here's one of the most extreme I've seen. Yikes, talk about windage:

Houseboat 38' Two Story in Melbourne FL | eBay

Even sitting at a dock with the engines off I'd be afraid of rolling over in a light breeze.

Well, that one is odd looking, but if we're talking boxy superstructures, here's one of the most extreme I've seen...

Even sitting at a dock with the engines off I'd be afraid of rolling over in a light breeze.

Yeah, but that one's a houseboat. The first one's a trawler! ;)

Keith

Steve, a couple of years ago I expressed interest in the boat as well. The gentlemen that ran one of the fuel docks was very helpful when we visited Powell River. Anyhow, he suggested I contact a very dependable source I had experience with while visiting the wonderful community of Powell River. I did so and without hesitation he/she said RUN!!! The trawler has been for sale off and on for a couple of years. I suspect you can do a lot better with your money. Just my two cents. Good luck in your search.

Well, that one is odd looking, but if we're talking boxy superstructures, here's one of the most extreme I've seen. Yikes, talk about windage:

Houseboat 38' Two Story in Melbourne FL | eBay

When I was very young, my cousin built a boat. That one reminds me of it. Not a houseboat, not sure what you would have called it. Looked like just a big box. My cousin and a few other relatives decided to take it to the coast and try it out. I said "no way. It will flip before the day is over."

Needless to say as they get ready to round the point and head out of the inlet, over it goes. Fortunately for them they landed very close to a sandbar, pulled the boat on shore, got a ride to retrieve their trailer and got a wrecker to come help pull the boat far enough to load on the trailer. Lucky no one was hurt as an uncle was under the boat for a bit and swam out. They bring it back and before I even get close, I ask "how long before it flipped?"

That homemade houseboat is just as scary.

Steve, I was watching football and recalled there was a youtube video on the trawler you are inquiring about. Not sure it helps but here is the link.

Link works but Firefox says it is not trusted.

For some reason Firefox always throws a danger warning when I surf to a Craigslist page in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom