Old 01-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #17
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkasprzak View Post
First I apologize if this has been hashed out before, I did not find any threads that were specific to my question. I'm getting ready to have a bottom job done, hopefully just a basic sand and repaint. I would like to hear what others have paid recently. Total cost or cost pet foot....thanks.

Dave
Dave, I do not know where you got that quote. I used OJ Young at Seabrook. He is basically about $35 plus haulout and block and relaunch(about $300???). Comes out to about $45 a foot. I am basing that on my 35 foot boat. He was doing other work on it and I asked him to do the bottom while he had it out. He blurted out $1600. And then I pointed out we had it hauled and blocked already. And then he came up with $1200. I divided those numbers by 35 to get my numbers above. He uses Micron Ultra Bio for those numbers. That is very decent paint. You might get him to use cheaper paint for a cheaper price but I have been using that stuff for 15 years and I get a SOLID 5 years out of it. I do use my boat a lot so that probably helps. Anyway, OJ ain't no dummy and he is been around a LONG time. Your boat draws a solid 5 feet...mine a smidge over 3 feet. That draft(and your beam) increases paint use significantly. He might hit you for a little more because of it. He contracts thru the yard. He is paying for daily fees. The sooner he gets the boat out, the more money he makes. So he will not have your boat for long....3 days maybe.

You can shop around at Clear Lake Marine and likely find cheaper. But you are dealing with less reliable people and they will use cheap paint. I would not go away from Micron Ultra Bio. The stuff works very well around here.
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote