View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #7
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCAVE View Post
. This becomes problematic when you are searching for specific topics and key words from the iPad App.
FWIW I have the iPad app on my iPad and don't like it at all. I simply use the standard forum configuation and function on the iPad by using Safari to open it. The operation of the forum is then identical to what it is on the Mac and Windows computers I use, including the search function.

In my experience the only advantage offered by the iPad app is that it allows as many photos as one wants to be attached to a post. Using a computer, the limit of photo attachments is ten. Using the forum on an iPad via Safari, Firefox, etc., even though the attachment page providess for ten photos to be selected, only the first one will actually end up being included with the post. I have no clue why it behaves this way on an iPad.

So if I want to include more than one photo with a post and I'm using an iPad at the time I'll either use the iPad app to write and post it or write it on the "regular" forum open in Safari and then copy and paste the text to the iPad app and attach the photos there.

It seems that on an iPhone one has no choice but to use the iPad app as even using Google to find the forum automatically opens the forum using the iPad app. But an actual iPad doesn't do this, at least not my iPad II and my wife's Mini.

I don't know if opening the forum using Safari or some other search engine on the iPad will make it easier for you to search the archives or not. I have found the process to be identical to doing an archive search on a computer and it works quite well if one uses the most effective keywords.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote