View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #12
Baker
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCAVE View Post
If you are purchasing an iPad, wait for the next Gen of iPad. I have an iPad 2 that is just over 4 years old. With IOS updates, they have become nearly useless.
While I hear you, that is a testament to the quality of the hardware. At some point, software is going to outrun that hardware....and I guess that point is 4 years. You can likely find a use for that old iPad and get you a newer one relatively cheaply.

With that said, Apple has realized that people are hanging on to their iPads longer(you are a perfect example). SO if you did not notice, there was no announcement of a new iPad this past year. They only announced a bigger iPad(Pro) and kept the previous 2 generations in the product line up. All I am saying is that I think you will see a slower progression of hardware into the future and therefore better support for longer. It is usually the app developers that cause the issue. They assume their main market runs the latest iOS so the optimize their apps for the latest iOS. I think that is a fair way to do business and they are correct in their assumptions.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote