U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service seeks to clarify Clean Vessel Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, floating restrooms for boater only, what wil they think of next. Wonder what type of day shape will designate anchored restroom ?

Greetings,
"...what type of day shape will designate anchored restroom ?"

realistic-fountain.gif

Okay RT, that's #1...how about #2?

Yessiree! Get those recreational boaters! At the same time, virtually every municipal system in the country has a free EPA pass to release "blended discharges" every time it rains. Blended being storm water + sewage. Not to mention those POTWs that just don't work most of the time.

All of the annual accumulated offal from all of the rec boats in the country probably equals 30 minutes of blended discharge from any city with a million population. Then there are those municipalities that have been operating on EPA waivers for decades wherein a substantial fraction of the waste just gets dischrged - no or partial treatment.

I'm not suggesting that direct discharge from rec boats is a good thing - just more or less inconsequental - I'm fascinated by some astounding penalties I've seen levied against boaters down here - not for the actual discharge but for system shortfalls like failure to lock a Y valve or failing a dye test with a leaky valve.

I think I'm going to start taking pictures every time I see a water cop or Coastie taking a leak off a combat RIB. Sheesh!

Little late to comment but I thought this was interesting and seems to have been very quietly posted by USFWS

I wonder what they classify a legal liveaboard boat used as a home and work?
It's bad enough to pay a 50% over slip fee premium for the legal liveaboard permit.......But to still be considered recreational? :banghead:

Ahhhhh Mr RT, you never disappoint!

How do you do it, RT? I tried googling "statuary two kids taking dump" - no joy. I guess you either have it or you don't ......

How do you do it, RT? I tried googling "statuary two kids taking dump" - no joy. I guess you either have it or you don't ......

Hope you'll have a good explanation ready to go if your wife clicks on 'history' :eek:

I've been married (in aggregate) for approx 35 years - I have ready explanations for nearly everything. It's the boat improvements I have the most difficulty with - "How much did that cost?"

I wonder how long the fish will be allowed to crap in the water......

I've been married (in aggregate) for approx 35 years - I have ready explanations for nearly everything. It's the boat improvements I have the most difficulty with - "How much did that cost?"

You married the wrong one. As long as "She" is comfortable (72.3ºF - 72.7ºF), enjoying my out of this world culinary skills and there's interwebs and fluffy pillows she will NOT ask that question.

I over simplify, and I'm portraying the 25 year love of my life in a bimboesque fashion (except for the pillows, the food and the temperature) and she would rightfully beat my ass if she read this......... but.......

Hiding the cost is a man skill. Period.:dance:

WOW, floating restrooms for boater only, what wil they think of next. Wonder what type of day shape will designate anchored restroom ?

HiDHo came close and nobody jumped on it. "What kind of anchoring- - - -"
So disappointed to follow and nobody recommended what the anchor(s) should look like. chain or line? Slanted windows or 'Slits'? Single or twins?:D

So much so little.:lol:

Al- Ketchikan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom