So What Do We Think Is Happening Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alcohol...

Alcohol abuse

Idiot skipper running on 90 proof committing a criminal act. If death accompanied above life in prison would be appropriate as an example to others.

Chemically induced stupidity and the helm hard over, port to starboard?

1) Young
2) Drunk
3) Twenty more people than boat is rated for
4) Parents boat
5) Stupid

Aforementioned alcohol and chemicals, + stupidity + speed + overloaded + tight turns + ignorance of your and your boats capabilities + + ++ any number of other factors but the most telling....STUPIDITY! Head straight for the dock and let somebody else fish em out. They're only YOUR responsibility!

That's a Carver 26, single I/O powered boat. We almost bought one many years ago. 8'6 beam with too many people on board and alcohol.

Impressive righting moment.

I like the smart passenger who abandons ship, after the pax. shedding exercise concludes.
Is the voice over (? the loud hailer) in German?

I've always gotten a laugh at the part where the skipper leaves the helm and dives over board off the stbd side.

The weird part is as he goes over board it looks like he has swim fins on!?

And then while another person moves to the abandoned helm, a third person on the bridge dives over the port side.

Last edited:
Hydraulic Sandwich

That's a Carver 26, single I/O powered boat. We almost bought one many years ago. 8'6 beam with too many people on board and alcohol.

Funny, that was my first thought too, hey that's a Carver -- although I first guessed a 28. Our first one was a 32. Great boat, still have fond memories of that one. I'm not sure I could have gotten our boat to do that even if I tried, even with a pile of people leaning against one rail on the bow. But then maybe 26's are much lighter. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Too much party, too many persons aboard, and hydraulic steering failure while too much throttle applied. My guess??

My guess - Drunk - young - stupid/ignorant

But the guy jumping out with fins is pretty funny

I've always gotten a laugh at the part where the skipper leaves the helm and dives over board off the stbd side.

The weird part is as he goes over board it looks like he has swim fins on!?

And then while another person moves to the abandoned helm, a third person on the bridge dives over the port side.

If you look closely the skipper is thrown off with the first wave. The guy with the flippers is initially on the port side of the bridge and then dives out.

It the new Northern Marine 26!

HOLLYWOOD

Center of gravity ended up a few feet above center of bouyancy. Took a wild list, shedded some weight from up high, level trim afterwards.

OK Menzies, OP - Do you know the "real" reason?

If you look closely the skipper is thrown off with the first wave. The guy with the flippers is initially on the port side of the bridge and then dives out.

Look again. It looks to me that the guy on the port side appears to be the one turning the wheel and the compass seems to be on that side as well. He does not go over till the boat settles and he jumps.

Looks like a total misunderstanding to me.
Someone probably screamed MOUSE and the rest is history.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom