New Trawler Forum Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avalondb

Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
46 Grand Banks Heritage Classic
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum. My husband has been a member for awhile and he has encouraged me to register. We own a Grand Banks 46 Heritage Classic that we bought in Charlevoix, MI in 2011. We kept her name Avalon as the past owners had a great story why they named the ship Avalon. I am from Connecticut so we were faced with how to get her home. We contemplated hiring a captain to bring her through the canals but the past owners talked us into bringing her home ourselves. This was one of the most amazing trips and we are so happy we made the decision to captain her from Lake Michigan to Mystic, CT. I've recently retired but my husband remains in the workforce. We love to boat and have made many 2+ week adventures to places off the Northeast coast such as Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Newport, Block Island, Long Island. Our dream is to be live~aboards and do as much boating as possible. Happy Boating!:speed boat:

Welcome. We are originally from CT and I hope to have a live aboard and small apt in Mystic some day.

For now, I have a new to me 78 Marine Trader 34 in Cincinnati.

Ray G

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great cruising in New England.

Ted

Greetings,
Atta' girl and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum. My husband has been a member for awhile and he has encouraged me to register. We own a Grand Banks 46 Heritage Classic that we bought in Charlevoix, MI in 2011. We kept her name Avalon as the past owners had a great story why they named the ship Avalon. I am from Connecticut so we were faced with how to get her home. We contemplated hiring a captain to bring her through the canals but the past owners talked us into bringing her home ourselves. This was one of the most amazing trips and we are so happy we made the decision to captain her from Lake Michigan to Mystic, CT. I've recently retired but my husband remains in the workforce. We love to boat and have made many 2+ week adventures to places off the Northeast coast such as Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Newport, Block Island, Long Island. Our dream is to be live~aboards and do as much boating as possible. Happy Boating!:speed boat:

Wifey B: So glad to see another female here. We were in the area you mention last summer and had a great time. And taking her home is so great. The boat is already in Michigan so why let it have the nice trip and you not get in on it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom