Perkins Range 4 M135 -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Shephard

Vessel Name
MV - Calusa
Vessel Make
28 Cape Dory Hard top Cruiser
I am consider purchasing a 1995 Monk 36 with a Perkins Range 4 M135 - any Perkins owners with this specific engine or anyone with experience with this Perkins model?

What is the reliability of this model - service life (10,000 hours???) assuming there has been good maintenance.

Parts availability??

Don

I Have The same motor in a 34 Fu Hwa Europa At full cruise 3/4 wot (2100rpm) 7.5-8 knts at 1.8 gph

I have an 86 Monk 36 with the Perkins 135. I too burn 1.8 mph at 8 knots at 2100 rpm.
Just replaced all the hoses as they were hard as rock and a couple of injector lines an electrician stepped on. Had the injector pump rebuilt after a minor leak. Very happy with it.

Do you know that your boat weighs - How many hours have you put on the engine.

David - which Perkins is in your boat

Don
Perkins, Range 4. 135 HP
Hours currently 2700 about 2200 at purchase. No telling if this is accurate as there were some instrument issues from time to time when the knot meter would die for half a day or so. I had the instrumentation and wiring replaced both upper and lower (due to corrosion) and we are starting from 0 again lol.
Displacement 18000 bare bones(from brochure) but more like 22000 fully stocked for cruising.
David

I have M200Ti and they have been great but you need to check the exhaust elbow and the cooling system to be safe....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom