Wadda Cha Git fer Christmas???!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Antique Ship's Lamp - Yowser!!

As engraved on and punched into the card on photo #2:

Emory & Douglas Co Ltd
St. James Street, Glascow, Scotland

Successors To

Morgan & Weers Ltd of London AF1055

Attachments

• Ship's Lamp 1.jpg
    Ship's Lamp 1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Ship's Lamp 2.jpg
    Ship's Lamp 2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 103
Progressive parents ask there 6 year old boy what he wants for Christmas.
Their son says,"I wanna watch".
So they let him.

Ted

We bought a new 2015 13' Whaler for our boat :)

Wow.... That's real nice! I owned a 13'3" Whaler with 40 hp Johnson... in the mid 1960's to early 70's. What type/hp motor... got any picts???

Wow.... That's real nice! I owned a 13'3" Whaler with 40 hp Johnson... in the mid 1960's to early 70's. What type/hp motor... got any picts???

We sold our 1967 13' Whaler and got a 2015 13' Whaler Super Sport. Engine is a 40hp Merc EFI.

We bought each other a new mattress for the cabin

Peter, way to go on the new Whaler. I have an '81 13' with a 2-stroke Evinrude 40hp (in AZ) and a 2010 13' with a 4-stroke Merc (in WA). Both are fun but I must say that the new ones rides a LOT better and drier.

I got a portable ice maker for the boat.

After strong recommendations from my imaginary friends here on TF, I requested and got an EDV-2200 dehumidifier.

41K6fKf384L._SY300_.jpg

No more buying and schlepping calcium chloride desiccant to the boat to refill those Dri-Z-Air pots. They worked well but servicing them became a chore.

I also got a 2 sensor digital thermometer to check both fridge temps on one monitor. No more shifting the one sensor from fridge to fridge. That one single sensor now becomes my permanent ER temp sensor. Thanks for the idea, Giggitoni.

510mOY9AjhL._SY355_.jpg

I also got my boat relaunched after >2 months out of commission. Today we took my daughter and her boyfriend out for a cruise and lunch in Benicia, CA.

img_399462_2_fba68724afd52f6f9de6e74cbd4241e4.jpg

img_399462_3_3b6a642aee9f333ec64d87970657a82c.jpg

We had a great day on the water with an 'almost ready' windlass.

Santa was good to me.

A Go-Pro camera which I have mounted at the helm. I'm still learning how to use it but have taken movies of 3 legs of our journey south. One most interesting one is a clip going through Hells Gate an ICW trouble spot in No GA. Visibility was down to about 200' and I could barely make out sucessive markers that are placed closely together due to the shouling problems here. I passed at high tide so the most pressing issue was staying in the channel. At fast motion the video is cool to watch. When I figure it out better I'll try to post.

a Comnav 211 remote for my autopilot. PO had removed the original??

In addition to.... the antique big-ship light in my thread starting post #1

Santa also brought me a new radio! Yea Santa, My Friend!!

BTW - Parks (HopCar) Masterson of Hopkins Carter marine store in FL is the TF guy to deal with for ordering and purchasing all sorts of marine goodies. :thumb:

Parks Masterson
Hopkins-Carter Marine Supply and Fishing Tackle / Avatar - HopCar

Attachments

• Shjip to Shore.jpg
    Shjip to Shore.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 73
A fun toy.

Attachments

• Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 78
In addition to.... the antique big-ship light in my thread starting post #1

I love your antique light. It's beautiful. Very spiffy find and I'd love to see her burning brightly.

As for me? Seaweed RUNS!!! Yep, she does. And she's not real noisy either. With the decks in place conversation can be held without being six inches from one's ear.

Life is truly wonderful. It's what I've wanted for two years now, and this time, well, my dreams have come true. I am blessed. And for those with advice (all considered and mostly taken) the box is gone leaving the pipe as my riser, a new/used heat exchanger from a Kubota generator is installed, a new expansion tank built by my mechanic is on the bulkhead, oil pressure gauge works, temperature gauge works, volts meter works

Tach doesn't. That's okay as once I'm used to her I'll know the RPMs just by the sound. It's not rocket science.

Still to do: plumb the fuel return line into the tank.
She runs though boys and girls. She is sweet -- all I ever dreamed of. I am so fortunate and excited for what the new year will bring to me and Seaweed.

Life is good afloat.

Nothing for the boat.... we wait for the boat show later at the end of January.

But I did get the book In the Heart of the Sea:

Nathaniel Philbrick » In the Heart of the Sea

edit:
The real "gift" = my wife had a checkup and her stage 3 colon cancer is completely cured. Dec 2014 we spent the holidays in the hospital. A right hemi-colectomy was performed and 30 lymph nodes removed. We are looking forward to 2016 and more time on The Promise cruising the PNW.

Last edited:
She runs though boys and girls. She is sweet -- all I ever dreamed of. I am so fortunate and excited for what the new year will bring to me and Seaweed.
Life is good afloat.

Major congrats Janice, this is fantastic news!

I love your antique light. It's beautiful. Very spiffy find and I'd love to see her burning brightly.

As for me? Seaweed RUNS!!! Yep, she does. And she's not real noisy either. With the decks in place conversation can be held without being six inches from one's ear.

Life is truly wonderful. It's what I've wanted for two years now, and this time, well, my dreams have come true. I am blessed. And for those with advice (all considered and mostly taken) the box is gone leaving the pipe as my riser, a new/used heat exchanger from a Kubota generator is installed, a new expansion tank built by my mechanic is on the bulkhead, oil pressure gauge works, temperature gauge works, volts meter works

Tach doesn't. That's okay as once I'm used to her I'll know the RPMs just by the sound. It's not rocket science.

Life is good afloat.

Janice - Really pleased to hear your wishes are coming true. You hold special niches in my and I'm sure many other TF members' minds and hearts. Would be great to meet in person!

The antique ship-light was Christmas gifted to me by my step daughter and her hubby. He acquired it while doing an electrical project on a wealthy marine artifact collector's home... it was given to him as a gift too. I plan to insert an electric bulb hanging from its top opening-area and hang the entire lamp from a beam in our vaulted living room ceiling. Due to the light's authenticity and stellar original condition I will be careful to not at all disturb its presence... the patina looks fine, won't even shine it! I'm honored to have this marine artifact. It will go onward as a family treasure when I depart for destinations yet to discover. :dance:

Life is good afloat.

That is fantastic, I am very happy for you! :thumb::dance::thumb:

Greetings,
Just an observation thus far and a LOT of goodies mentioned but I think Mr dh listed the ULTIMATE gift. May you both enjoy a long and exciting boating career. Congratulations!

Janice-big congrats on Seaweed becoming mobile! Now time for you to go cruising!

DH-to echo Mr. RTF-the ultimate gift, so happy for the both of you-seems The Promise may have been aptly named! Enjoy her (wife and boat!).

I agree that DH got the finest gift of any of us. May you enjoy many sunsets aboard The Promise.

Mr. DH and wife - Congratulations!!!!! Live long and happy! :thumb:

Nothing boating, unless one counts an ammo box. Oh, wait a minute. I received a swivel chair on wheels for additional seating in the saloon. It has yet to be assembled.

I received a swivel chair on wheels for additional seating in the saloon.

Well that should be a sporty ride in the swells! Might need bumpers, knee pads, a helmet and a seat belt. Ride the Coot Luge!

I say, "go with the flow." Should be excellent for the host/hostess bringing out goodies and IPAs from the galley, remaining seated, to the guests.

Last edited:
Dh and Janice, congrats on the good news!
We bought ourselves a new water maker, same one that Kevin installed a few months ago, now to just finish this project and on to the next. April will be here real quick, and then we're off up north for 7-8 months.
Happy New Years everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom