Boat Transport out of Houston, any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn James Brett

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
2004 Grand Alaskan 65
Hey folks...looking to transport a 62' foot trawler type boat out of Houston and too big for a truck. All the freight companies tell me I have to ship out of Fla for the most part. Anyone have some ideas? Boat needs to go from Houston to West coast, even Ensenada.
Thanks in advance.

Our first big boat transport was from Lake Texoma to South Dakota (about 900 miles). We used Jim Chism with Hight Boat Transport based in Flower Mound, TX, just outside Houston. Have you tried him? He did a very good job, quick, reliable, communicated well, good cost, boat arrived in very good condition, and he has a dedicated boat carrier/trailer that was very secure and carried the boat just a few inches off the pavement. Not sure of his size limit, but ours was a 32 aft cabin and it took up less than half his rig - it looked like a toy boat on his huge trailer. Just google Hight Boat Transport and you'll see their contact information, insurance and license information, etc.

Call Darrel Cottle at Jay Bettis Yacht Sales. 713 385 5567. I believe he recently arranged shipment of a 50' boat from Seabrook to West Coast. Great guy to know, BTW. Very capable and honest broker.

Back
Top Bottom