OSHA Compliant Tree Decorating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I hauled a couple of boxes of old 35mm photos down from the storage space to look for an old boat photo I want to have put on canvas.

Searching through the photos I came across this. This would have been Christmas 91, so 24 years ago.

I showed it to my wife and we both shook our heads wondering what the hell we were thinking!

Reminds me a bit of a ludicrous Norman Rockwell print.

Attachments

• UnSafeChristmas.jpg
    UnSafeChristmas.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 127
Reminds me of a story by somebody older than me about the "old days"when we stayed out as kids till the street lights came on, stood on the front seat of our dad's pick-up, rode bikes without a helmet, had rock fights, went skating on the pond down the road, climbed trees, etc etc.

By the current rules of living nobody born before about 1990 should be alive today.

My brother and I hunted each other in the woods with BB guns. Mom was right on that one though, "we could have put an eye out!"

Fourth of July bottle rocket wars... Holding Roman candles in our hands and shooting them at each other...

So wife was always annoyed by two things when taking down the tree. The mess spread throughout the house and the weight of the tree (usually 12') that she had to help me manhandle.
So this year I took a different approach.

Attachments

• P1000010.JPG
    P1000010.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 80
  • P1000012.JPG
    P1000012.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 82
  • P1000013.jpg
    P1000013.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 79
We finally gave it up and got a very nice artificial tree a few years ago. Way less hassle and most people think it's a real tree. We're never going back.

The last thing I would tell our crews at safety meetings was, "now go out there, and do nothing stupid that will wind up in the OHSA brochures about how not to do things".

This year`s Christmas Tree is about 8" high, USB powered, it changes color and light intensity. So far it hasn`t caught fire....

Our neighbors got their 3 year old a little scooter for Christmas. Saturday the kid is out with Mom, pushing up and down the sidewalk in huge knee pads, elbow pads and oversized bike helmet. The kid looked like a frickin' Roman gladiator and did not look like he was having fun.

Fourth of July bottle rocket wars... Holding Roman candles in our hands and shooting them at each other...

Throwing a handful of .22's into a campfire ... ah, to be young and stupid again! The good old days.

I know everyone remembers "cherry bombs" and "M80s"-that was the good ole days> LOL

And deadly, elaborate, the higher the better bicycle launching ramps. And sledding down the steepest hills even if it meant dodging car traffic on the road at the bottom.

"On your mark, get set...no wait, here comes a car. Okay, now!"

Oh yeah? Hold my beer and watch this...! Wait, that was last week.

Back
Top Bottom