new year's resolutions for 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My big resolution: Chuck work and go cruising in 2016. To do the Downeast loop, I'd have to start by mid-May. Scary! But I've already rented out my slip for next summer. Even more important, I've TOLD everyone I'm doing it. Backing out on a lease is nothing compared to backing out on something you told everyone you were going to do.

I'm doing the same old, same old resolutions I do every year. Doesn't require a lot of imagination and they're easy to do....

lose weight
boat more

I never accomplish #1 and try hard to do #2.

If you don't have the self control to do something any time, what makes you think that a special date on a calendar will change this?

If you want or need to do it, get at it now.

Wes, that's kind of what I was hinting at with my comment about doing the same old ones every year. Maybe for some people it gives them a point to start on a program that they've been putting off.

For me? I start on the same old programs every year and they always last AT LEAST until the next holiday party or the next good cruising day.

No more heavy lifting, hire out scut work.

Xmass was a new 22x22 storage bldg, 50 hours of labor mooving stuff at $10. an hour is less than one visit to the doctor!

Every year it's the same thing -- be fiercely disciplined in our time management and firmly decline invitations to weekend things in the summer so we can spend every possible weekend on the boat. It never works though, chunks of our summer-on-the-water weekends always get stolen, eroded away, and at the end of every season we stand on the nearly empty docks in cool fall weather and think, next year we have to spend a lot more time here...

Every year it's the same thing -- be fiercely disciplined in our time management and firmly decline invitations to weekend things in the summer so we can spend every possible weekend on the boat. It never works though, chunks of our summer-on-the-water weekends always get stolen, eroded away, and at the end of every season we stand on the nearly empty docks in cool fall weather and think, next year we have to spend a lot more time here...

Damn True in all respects!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Al-Ketchikan

empty docks in cool fall weather

Perhaps instead of cursing the season a full heating system could be installed.

Our 90/90 went out every New Years day if the NYC harbor was not iced , for a great new years sail.

A winter aboard (I did 23 ) was usually a delight , empty parking lot and no loud dock parties at midnight in the snow.

My resolution:

Attachments

• Calvin.jpg
    Calvin.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 98
I resolve to get the ocean alexander out on the water.

Ive had it 6 months now and it's become a slip queen on me.

Less desserts and more healthy food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom