Propane Locker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numbers aside, my point stands. order hot coffee (she didn't order cold coffee did she ? ), spill it on yourself and blame McDonald, collect money. Accept no responsibilty for your own actions. ..... omit due diligence, hire a lousy surveyor then rant.

There is even more to that story that most people never hear. They just do as you did, only spread the myth of the huge cash award.

McDonalds was not the totally innocent victim of money grubbing attorneys that most think they were.

To WesK: I assume that you are aware that insurance companies require a survey, after all thats kinda why we are discussing this. To BoatPoker: The simple fact that you are here and involved tells me that you are not the typical surveyor that I have hired. Maybe the reason you get requests like mine, a few times a year, is that most knowledgeable boat owners share my opinion of surveyors. In know way am I trying to say that you are in the same "boat" as the guys I have hired. As you have said, most of them are mediocre at best, some are dangerous and a few are actually good. Not a good track record.

To WesK: I assume that you are aware that insurance companies require a survey, after all thats kinda why we are discussing this. To BoatPoker: The simple fact that you are here and involved tells me that you are not the typical surveyor that I have hired. Maybe the reason you get requests like mine, a few times a year, is that most knowledgeable boat owners share my opinion of surveyors. In know way am I trying to say that you are in the same "boat" as the guys I have hired. As you have said, most of them are mediocre at best, some are dangerous and a few are actually good. Not a good track record.

No argument from me on your conclusion.

To WesK: I assume that you are aware that insurance companies require a survey, after all thats kinda why we are discussing this. ............. .

You are not quite correct. My insurance company (Nationwide) does not require periodic surveys (of my boat, vehicles or house) and I'm not entirely sure they required an initial survey (I don't remember). I had a survey for my own protection and peace of mind.

I would be surprised if this was the only company that does not require periodic insurance surveys. They did take away my "agreed value" clause after the boat was ten years old but it's still "actual value".

As for your blanket statement on surveyors, it sounds pretty arrogant to me. I have to wonder what you do or did for a living and if you were perfect or occasionally made a mistake.

Last edited:
Ok guys...polite reminder...the thread has veered way off course, and thanks in anticipation for returning to the thread subject, or just dropping it..?

Xmas cheers to all...

Back
Top Bottom