Cruising in December in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450909673.852895.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450909689.566863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450909701.635638.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450909739.005195.jpg

Many of the best days I've had on the water were during the winter in this part of the world. The weekend before last was gorgeous and I was tied up to the dock, West system in hand, sander in hand, wondering "Who scheduled this refit, anyway?......."

We had a spectacular run today from Seabrook to Offats Bayou. Wind 15k, temp 75. The only drawback was 4 knots of tide against us. Oh well, it just made the perfect day a little longer.

No place like Texas.

After we docked

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450926562.626935.jpg

It was a great day. We did not make out on Matagorda Bay today, but did over the weekend. We did sit on the deck and watch the sun go down. I wish we were heading to Galveston, we always have fun there. Happy holidays.

Cardude, great pics, gotta love Texas!

Drake, good to see you exercising that awesome boat of yours!

We spent October to present with the motor home between Galveston and South Padre, wish we had a boat. However we have taken many cruises. We are taking a dinner cruise this evening. 25 bucks. Our neighbors have run about and been fish several times.

We are flying back to Seattle January 8, can not wait to back on the boat and the cold and rain. Its un settling wish poeple marry Christmas in shorts and tank top.:noel:

I can't imagine not boating year round. When we lived on a lake in NC, some of our best days were during the winter when we had the lake to ourselves. One Norman Rockwall/Thomas Kinkade day I recall. We were on the water while this beautiful soft snow with huge flakes fell. That's when it hit us. We never see snow in it's natural state with no car tracks, no footprints. All the houses on the lake looked like artists' renditions.

I just looked a few minutes ago. Temperature today in Newport, RI is 67 degrees. Boston is 68 degrees. Give me bubblers if needed and give me heat and it's days like this that if I lived there I'd be out on the water, away from all the holiday shoppers. It's easy for us to be year round boaters living in South Florida but we would be anywhere but places with extreme conditions. Texas is definitely a good place for it.

We would have been out too were the boat not out of the water getting painted. 80 degrees here today!

We had a spectacular run today from Seabrook to Offats Bayou. Wind 15k, temp 75. The only drawback was 4 knots of tide against us. Oh well, it just made the perfect day a little longer.

No place like Texas.

Hey, we are supposed to join you on one of those trips :socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom