View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Glad you didn't like Sydney so your not coming back ??
Oh, we liked Sydney. Nice vibrant city. Just that our favorite thing about it is the bats.

But no, we have no reason or motivation to return to Australia unless we have to go back to Brisbane for the project the company has going on up there. None of us were all that impressed with what we saw of the country compared to all the other places we've been on the planet.

It's sort of like going back in time, actually. Australia strikes us as a kind of bewildered kid staring at the world with big eyes as it tries to figure out what's going on. Nice people, don't get me wrong. It's just kind of a throwback to the 1950s.

New Zealand is a bit like going back in time, too, but the people themselves seem a whole lot more sophisticated and aware than the Australians. Don't know why that is, though. Do you? And of course New Zealand has it hands down over Australia when it comes to the beauty of the place.

So, no, I can't think of any reason to go to Australia unless work sends us there again. But I wouldn't spend my own money to go there, not when there are so many other great choices on the planet.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote