View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #93
boatpoker
Guru

City: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
I'm fully with Mr. 44 on this one (post #89). Last insurance survey the "surveyor" recommended my swim platform brackets be painted as there was surface rust on them. Insurance company insisted ALL recommendations be completed for ongoing coverage. Justify THAT! I've employed good surveyors who have pointed out deficiencies and I'm VERY happy they did so but the last "expert", yes, SAMS, NAMS and HOT DAMNS certified shouldn't have been out in public without an attendant. He even went so far, quoting AYBC "rules" to suggest all my negative 12v wiring be changed to yellow as that was now the law. Ya, right buddy. Suggest all ya want but don't even try to put THAT in a survey. Oh, and my propane locker was within "code".
Curiously RT, we agree. There are over 250 surveyors in Ontario and only 8 or 9 that I would hire. Like doctors, plumbers, dentists or the contractors that build the addition on your house, rule of thumb ...... 80% are mediocre, 10% are dangerous and 10% are excellent. it's all caveat emptor and you must do thorough homework before you hire anyone.
boatpoker is offline   Reply With Quote