View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #5
eyschulman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
It's encouraging to hear you are having good success with your Yacht Controller. When we built our boat I considered installing one but the people I found at the time who had them gave mixed reviews. And Yacht Controller was never able to produce reference customers for me despite the "thousands of units installed on boat's just like mine."

For the same price as the Yacht Controller, I was able to build three full function wing stations - one on each side of the Portuguese bridge for side docking, and one in the cockpit for backing into slips. It's not quite as flexible as a wireless station, but I like the reliability of hardwired controls.
Well I don't get any kind of kickback and am not selling the YC but I am sorry you missed out on the chance to own one. I got interested in the unit when I observed a fellow Yacht Club member dock his 60 something boat at one of our outstations under less than ideal conditions. The skipper was an elderly gentleman and obviously alone during the operation(wife may have been below). He docked the boat with a small box on a lanyard around his neck and then stepped off onto the dock and tied down with the boat still obviously under his control the entire time. And that is how I have done it now for two years and hundreds of dockings since I go out almost every week including winter. You did hit the nail on the head with the word FLEXABLE. I have a wired remote and it has not been used since the YC came aboard.
eyschulman is offline   Reply With Quote