Westerbeke parts - BTD 8.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
During winterizing I found the raw water pump shaft seal was leaking. A new pump thru the marina is right at $500.00, the shaft is worn and a new one isn't available according to the marina . Does anyone know of a source for a raw water pump besides Westerbeke? I've checked eBay and it's almost $400.00 for a rebuilt, I've done some Google searches but can only find empeller kits. I haven't called any dealers or Westerbeke yet, any suggestions for who to contact to source a shaft or a pump will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

That pump has been superceeded and finding parts to rebuild you old one may be more difficult than buying the new one.

The new replacement pump has a mechanical ceramic seal where the old one has lip seals.

Attachments

• Parts Bulletin 2004-1 Sea Water Pump 033636.pdf
    440.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen for the replies, Larry Depco has the parts a new shaft is $50.00, flat rate to rebuild is $47.00 + the cost of bearings and seals and I'am back going again next spring, more money to spend on diesel. I'am getting it in the mail tomorrow, thanks again this is a great forum for sharing information.

Westerbeke WMD 8.0 engine

I have a WMD 1978 8kw 3cyn.diesel generator. I am rebuilding, same problem, trying to find the real engine model. It is an Mitsubishi 15.7hp Just can't find the model to buy rebuild kit. any advice?

I have a WMD 1978 8kw 3cyn.diesel generator. I am rebuilding, same problem, trying to find the real engine model. It is an Mitsubishi 15.7hp Just can't find the model to buy rebuild kit. any advice?

S3L is the Mitsubishi model designation for my 1987 Westerbeke but I doubt that'll help you with your unit. Have you talked with a Mitsubishi industrial engine dealer? That is where I would start trying to identify it.

87 Westerbeke

Is that a 8kw 3 cyl? 15hp?

Getset Motor

I just found out; it K3d model of Mitsubishi, much, Much, cheaper to buy parts. Ordered rebuild kit out of China, Generator checks out OK. Time to rebuild, it had 5000hrs and got wet.

A complete rebuild kit including new shaft, bearings, seals, impeller, cam and gaskets is $200 direct from Westerbeke.

- Westerbeke

rebuild kit for WMD 8.0

$200 is for a water pump kit, I am rebuilding whole engine, bearings, rings, and gaskets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom