Can you id this one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlindHog

Vessel Name
Southern C's
Vessel Make
Cabo 31 Express
Just curious who made this trawler that is sitting behind a warehouse.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1450150382.907063.jpg

I'd say that was an Acorn because even a BlindHog finds......Well you know the rest.
Sorry about that. I don't know who made it but it is an interesting boat.

Sailor of Fortune - looks like you nailed it. Post 244 of the Interesting Boats thread shows a picture of one in running condition. Quite a rare breed from my quick search. I did find the below information:

Easily identified by her distinctive forward-raked windshield, the Litton 41 Cockpit Trawler is a salty Asian-built cruiser whose profile is accented even further with the addition of a cockpit- once an unusual feature in a trawler design. The Litton’s reverse front windshield concept is hardly new: less glare, improved vis- ibility, and less reflection from internal lights are some of the ben- efits, but the downside is a somewhat ungainly appearance. Her solid fiberglass hull features a hard chine, a well-flared bow, and a deep prop-protecting keel. While she’s not a particularly spacious boat for a 41-footer, her all-teak interior is arranged with both a single and double berth in the aft stateroom, and a lower helm was standard along with port and starboard deck access doors in the salon. Additional features include direct cockpit access from the aft cabin, a functional mast and boom, and a tub/shower in the aft head. On the downside, the level of fit and finish is something less than meticulous. An economical boat to operate, most were sold with twin Lehman 120hp diesels, which cruise at a steady 8 knots burning about 2.5 gph. With 450 gallons of fuel, the range can easily exceed 1,000 miles.
Pricing NA for Pre-1995 Models
Length Overall: 41'0"
Length WL . 36'6"
Beam: 13'8"
Draft: 4'0"
Weight: 23,000 lbs
Clearance: NA
Fuel: 450 gals.
Water: 250 gals.
Waste: 40 gals.
Hull Type: Semi-Disp.

Certainly not MY acorn! This one needs a ton of work and it's probably left over from hurricane Ivan back in 2004. Doesn't look like it's been touched in almost as many years. A very interesting design for sure that's not at all common around here.

Here is a 39 footer. You can definitely see the similarities.

Attachments

• 472597_0_200720090553_2.jpg
    472597_0_200720090553_2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 95
Hey, don't just give up on something like the Universal Litton! With a little extra canvas and glass work, it could look like this one!!!, the hands-down winner of Marin's Wannabe Window contest! Also admired much be Eric "Manyboats"!

No PhotoShop, by the way, at least not be me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 496
Should that be one or two anchors?

Back
Top Bottom