Hello from a young guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devorenm

Veteran Member
Hello There,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a longtime lurker and figured it was finally time to join up. I am boatless and will be for a while yet. I'm about halfway through medical school, so I have residency and then a very nice boat's worth of student loans to pay back before a boat becomes an option but I grew up on the water, mostly the inland rivers on my grandparent's boats and some serious cruising and looping has always been a goal. For now, its background knowledge and a welcome study distraction!

Nate

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! We're all young at heart, but the rest of the body isn't worth donating.

Welcome aboard! Yeah, those loans are tough but a great investment. Some day soon, we could all be contributing to your dream-boat kitty. Best of luck and study hard. Eventually, your office will have a waterview!

Good to see another young person on here (I'm 26). One of the big concerns I hear repeatedly from marina operators, boat manufacturers, and so forth is how difficult it is to attract new, younger people to boating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom