How do you get a boat back from out of state?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A broker is a broker, they can work either end of the deal. Challenge is finding someone you can trust their opinion, who truly will be concerned you end up in the right-for-you boat with eyes wide open, not just help you buy whatever you can afford that looked nice. We used a broker who we're very comfortable with, and he definetly was unbiased in all the boats we looked at he gave us clearly the good/bad from each of them. I PMd you his contact info.

South Carolina to Jersey can be done in 7-8 days. Less if you run nights. One week off with two weekends each end. Unless something breaks. But, that's always the "if".

Good idea. Certainly the most cost effective also.

Slightly off topic, but how would I get in touch with a buyers broker?

One of our owners club members is also a broker, in Deltaville. Seems a pretty straight-up guy, and he's worked with several of our owners as they've moved upward. PM me if you want his contact info.

-Chris

+1 for delivering it yourself. I looked locally and then ended up buying my boat in Alaska. I had another experienced sailor to help me. I did a three day shakedown cruise, had some work done and then brought her to San Francisco. I took off three weeks in total and it was the best three week "vacation" I have ever taken. I got to share the experience with my daughters too.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom