View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
kthoennes
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Trent Severn Charter?

For the past few years we've either chartered or motored our own boat with another couple for at least a week-long trip each year. It's time to start planning our 2016 trip and we've been thinking about the Trent Severn Waterway. From everything I've heard and seen and read it's a beautiful trip. I searched this forum and googled quite a bit for a charter in that area. We did find one, Heritage Coast Charters, but they don't have the Bayliner 4087 available for bareboat, week-long charters any more. We did find the houseboat charters. Those might be a lot of fun and I'm sure they're very popular, but -- well fine, okay, I admit it, I just can't handle a floating mobile home, it violates every nautical instinct in my body. We're looking for a real boat, a trawler, aft cabin, something generally in the ballpark of our Mainship 37 Motoryacht at home, or at least something comfortable for two couples. That Bayliner 4087 would have been really nice because sometimes we add another guest or two and it had three berths. I found a couple sailboat charters too, like one in Picton, but I see the max height on the Trent Severn is 22 feet so a sailboat wouldn't work.

Anybody know of any charter possibilities for the Trent Severn other than the houseboats? Thanks.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote