Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try and Photo shop this one!

This boat is for sale in the San Francisco area. I think someone thought the Photo Shopping done on some of the boats were of real boats.
Enjoy

Big House Boat

This boat is for sale in the San Francisco area. I think someone thought the Photo Shopping done on some of the boats were of real boats.
Enjoy

00505_fG2HUcP4k8P_600x450.jpg

Big House Boat

I believe Donald Trump designed that one - Same Don~Don load of BS... just in a different arena! :facepalm:

I'm not much on houseboats but I like this one .It's on our dock . 50ft Home built steel hull with wood house . It has single 6-71 Detroit with a big rudder (not your average houseboat) The interior is pecky cypress . The roof ? has a nice curve up starting at the forward bulkhead sorta shanti style . Great lazy riverboat that has got some miles on it . There is a sistership also on our dock that has ford Lehman , it's 4o ft .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 118
Those classic woodies aren't boats. They are floating art!

Greetings,
Mr. BL. "...floating art." Indeed when they're in pristine condition and those posted are. When less than mint they can easily be floating mold and termite factories. Don't ask how I know...

I believe Donald Trump designed that one - Same Don~Don load of BS... just in a different arena! :facepalm:

Agree. To imagine that this was done by an "Engineering Firm" makes me want to hide my diploma. That's hands-down the least desirable craft I've ever seen. A sign "Donald for President" and a coast to coast tour would seem most appropriate.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
USS Zumwalt - all electric warship out testing today 30 knots - 600 feet
*web photo

Attachments

• USS Zumwalt (2).jpg
    USS Zumwalt (2).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Agree. To imagine that this was done by an "Engineering Firm" makes me want to hide my diploma. That's hands-down the least desirable craft I've ever seen. A sign "Donald for President" and a coast to coast tour would seem most appropriate.:rolleyes:

That's a great Idea, Larry! Coast to Coast tour! With a Bozo clown dancing around and having Don-Don's hairstyle. Unfortunately Trump would likely spin it in his favor.

Welcome to heightened insanity!!

That's a great Idea, Larry! Coast to Coast tour! Unfortunately Trump would likely spin it in his favor.

Welcome insanity!!

There, fixed it.:D

Al-Ketchikan

That thing looks just like a civil war ironclad.

Eric what about this Willard . Have you ever seen one ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 99
Marty,
No but I know what it is. It was a one off thing factory made houseboat/liveaboard. Read about it some time ago so recall very little but it is a ligitamate Willard.

USS Zumwalt - all electric warship out testing today 30 knots - 600 feet
*web photo

Captained by a man named James Kirk. Seriously.

Dixie ll

Fishes out of Craig AK

All pics same boat

Wouldn't she make a fine trawler

Attachments

• DSCF0763 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0763 copy 2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF0761 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF0761 copy 3.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF0208 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0208 copy 2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0151 copy.jpg
    DSCF0151 copy.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 93
bones,
I see no ladder at all. Just small rub rails.
Al (lives in Ketchikan) says there are young people tenting the boat now.
May be good intentions but I suspect a livaboard. It's very common to live on boats close to sinking from neglect as they are dirt cheap and apartments in AK are NOT cheap. The fact that they are covering her is also a good sign. Depends if they're trying to save the boat by keeping the fresh water off the deck and house or just avoiding leaks inside.

Attachments

• DSCF0810 copy.jpg
    DSCF0810 copy.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0809 copy.jpg
    DSCF0809 copy.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 143
Greetings,
Mr. 99. Just a guess but I think those short strakes aft are to protect the hull when equipment (nets? trawls?) is hauled aboard. The hauling gear is in a fixed position so any chafe occurs at that same spot on the hull.

bones, RTF:
You can see the Trolling poles in one of Eric;s photos. Dixie was then set up as a Salmon Troller. When hauling in the lines, the last thing to come in is the lead ball at the end of each line. The one closest to the troller is always the heaviest, often 25lb, but even the lighter ones from further out (10 lb) can make a sizeable bruise on the planking if hauling in much of a seaway. That is why there has to be something there to take the hit.
Not nets, Not a trawl.

I have noticed the Dixie II in Sitka most of this last summer. She was owned by a Sitkan by the name Henery Moy and he fished her for several decades. He passed away about 10 years ago. I watched him rebuild the stern on her and should have taken some photos. There a book written in the 1930s? on trolling and it featured this boat. The leads used for fishing this power troller probably ranged from 30 to 60 pounds. Sweet little boat and Henery was a great guy. I enjoy power trolling on friends boats, never wanted to own one.

My new favorite, this was in Pt. Ludlow. and one of us at the dock.

Attachments

• DSCN0011.jpg
    DSCN0011.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0027.jpg
    DSCN0027.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 146
Montego is a beauty, reminds me a bit of the Feadship's Orion.

Attachments

• orion.jpg
    orion.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 129

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom