Mindless meaderings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
markpierce wrote:

Tonic wrote:

I really don't know if I have audible engine low oil pressure and high coolant temp alarms on my '96 John Deeres. Obviously, I have gauges but how/where would one check for alarms? Excuse my ignorance, but is the alarm I get when I stop the engines an oil pressure alarm?
My John Deere (2010) engine panel for a single engine*includes "alarm" lights and an audible alarm.* So, what does your panel look like?* Maybe you should upgrade your panel?

ry%3D400

My instruments are a mix of IssPro (tachs) and VDO (everything else).* Same at the upper helm.* I don't know if they were changed with the repower from Lehmans to Deeres.* But...only the single light for, presumably, oil pressure.* I'm good at keeping an eye on the guages but the extra lights would be nice.* I'm not keen on shelling out for replacements when these work just fine, but I'll have to look into if I could rig my own lights to the existing gauges.* Warning lights/alarms are triggered from the guages, right?

Attachments

• engineguages.jpg
    engineguages.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 82
Tim,
You can buy the little electonic alarm speaker and stick it on top of the helm, you'll hear it fine, and you can just wire it in parallel with the one you have under the helm.
Marc

As you can see I have absolutely nothing (the clock dosn't count) above my line of sight.
Don't like the light in my eyes or bending my neck and I certainly don't like anything blocking my view. An hour meter can be under my berth if necessary but any indicator I'm going to need while under way is going to be right in front of me and below my line of sight. Some things are important.

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 07:30:19 PM

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 137.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 137.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 82
Avista wrote:

Tim,
You can buy the little electonic alarm speaker and stick it on top of the helm, you'll hear it fine, and you can just wire it in parallel with the one you have under the helm.
Marc

Marc,
Which electric alarm speaker. Sounds just like what I need, pun intended.

nomadwilly wrote:

As you can see I have absolutely nothing (the clock dosn't count) above my line of sight.
Don't like the light in my eyes or bending my neck and I certainly don't like anything blocking my view. An hour meter can be under my berth if necessary but any indicator I'm going to need while under way is going to be right in front of me and below my line of sight. Some things are important.
Ditto, Eric.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom